Agent says Eto'o return to Inter Milan unlikely
Samuel Eto'o's agent says the Anzhi Makhachkala striker is unlikely to return to Inter Milan on loan during the Russian league's winter break.
Eto'o, who left Inter for Anzhi in a big money deal in August, was spotted in Milan earlier this week.
"I don't know how this idea came about," Claudio Vigorelli said on Friday.
"It would make Samuel really happy, but there's nothing concrete and we haven't met with Inter.
"Even though I imagine it would please Inter also.
"Anzhi has its programme and its friendlies, its strategies in the transfer market.
"It's too early to talk about it. Of course Samu would love to even train in Italy."
The Gazzetta dello Sport reported Eto'o could play nine Serie A matches with Inter in January and February and one Champions League game if they advance from the group stage.
However, Anzhi general director German Chistyakov said on a fan forum website on Thursday that "even in my worst nightmare it is impossible to imagine such a scenario.
"During this period the player, as a total professional, will be preparing for the upcoming, extremely difficult season with Anzhi," Chistyakov added.
Eto'o led Inter with 37 goals in all competitions last season, and the Nerazzurri have struggled without him, gaining just four points in their opening five league games this season.
Inter have also replaced Gian Piero Gasperini with Claudio Ranieri as manager.
"I've been away until today and I don't know anything about this story," Inter president Massimo Moratti said late Thursday.
"Eto'o is well regarded in the changing room but I would say it's 90 percent he won't come."
Moratti added that at the time of Eto'o's transfer there was no discussion about a possible return.
"It's nice that he has expressed this desire," Moratti said.