Dunfermline 3-3 Aberdeen

Aberdeen fought back to claim a Scottish Premier League draw against Dunfermline at East End Park.

The Dons went ahead in first-half injury time when Andrew Considine headed home but Andrew Barrowman levelled after the break.

David Graham's low strike and Liam Buchanan's close-range effort appeared to put the Pars in control.

But Alex Keddie's own goal gave the visitors hope and a late Josh Magennis shot ensured a point for each side.

The result continues Dunfermline's wait for a home win this season and Aberdeen's quest for a first away victory this term.

Craig Brown's Dons move a point clear of bottom club Inverness while Jim McIntyre's Pars are now two clear of the Highlanders.

Magennis was guilty of profligacy in front of goal during a first half played in blustery conditions but the Dons' superior territory finally told when Considine powered a back-post header into the net from Rob Milson's corner.

Fraser Fyvie was on the end of a two-footed challenge by Paddy Boyle minutes into the second half and the Dunfermline man was perhaps fortunate to escape with just a yellow card.

The Aberdeen midfielder was able to continue and, from the free-kick, Milsom teed up Considine for a shot that was wide.

Dunfermline striker Andrew Barrowman
Barrowman scored Dunfermline's first goal and had another effort saved

Dunfermline levelled from a Paul Willis corner as Keddie's downward header was blocked by goalkeeper David Gonzalez, only for Barrowman to sweep in the rebound.

Graham then eased past Youl Mawene and slammed a right-foot shot into the corner of the net to put the Pars ahead for the first time.

Magennis failed to take advantage when goalkeeper Paul Gallacher left his goal, the Dons man lashing a shot wide.

And there was more misery for Aberdeen when Andy Kirk's replacement Buchanan rolled the ball into the net with his first touch of the ball after Gonzalez had blocked Boyle's drive.

Gallacher made saves to deny Magennis twice in a matter of moments before Gonzalez brilliantly pushed a Barrowman shot onto the post at the other end.

Keddie headed into his own net from a Milsom corner with nine minutes remaining.

And Aberdeen levelled with Magennis finally netting in the 88th minute.

The forward pounced on Gary Mason's poor touch inside the Dunfermline box and powered a low drive past Gallacher from 16 yards.

The visitors pressed for a winner but Mawene headed another Milson corner inches wide in injury time.

Live text commentaryexternal-link