Lincoln City 1-1 Luton Town

Blue Square Bet Premier

Richard Hinds headed a late equaliser as struggling Lincoln City came from behind to earn a draw against promotion-chasing Luton at Sincil Bank.

Danny Crow slotted in from close range to emphasise the Hatters' first-half superiority 10 minutes from the break.

But Imps defender Hinds pounced late on to nod home Conal Platt's cross.

Luton finished with nine men after visiting midfielders Alex Lawless and Jamie Hand were both sent off for second bookable offences.

Keith Keane thought he had given Luton the lead in the eighth minute when he smacked the ball home following a Robbie Willmott corner, but his goal was ruled out by referee Richard Clark.

But, despite Lawless getting sent off with 10 minutes left, followed by Hand's dismissal almost on the final whistle, Luton extended their unbeaten run to five Blue Square Bet Premier games to stay just outside the play-off places.


Lincoln City manager David Holdsworth told BBC Lincolnshire:

"I've got to be happy with that but likewise probably a little unhappy that we didn't get all three points.

"We didn't hold the ball up very well first which is why I made a change at half-time and I felt in the second half we improved, we got in their faces a bit more. We're in a dogfight and we've got to fight for everything.

"I think our second-half performance showed a lot of encouragement and spirit which I asked for at half-time and I felt we took the game to Luton and showed a lot of character and commitment."

Luton Town manager Gary Brabin told BBC Three Counties Radio:

"Thought we played really well first half and we just couldn't get that second goal.

"Without really threatening our goal they had a 15-20 minute period where they put us on the back foot a bit. And we fell for the sucker punch.

"If I was an opposing manager and my side was only 1-0 down after Luton had played as well as that in the first half I'd be happy. And that gives people a lift."

Live text commentaryexternal-link