Thurrock uncertain over Mark Wright future
Thurrock chairman Tommy South says he doubts reality TV star Mark Wright will ever play for the club.
Wright agreed to join the Essex side in October but never featured for them and then flew off to star in 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!'
South told BBC Essex: "I'm a little bit disappointed in Mark. He was going to play three or four games and then he was going away.
"I don't hold no grudges. I'm only disappointed he didn't win."
He added: "It's Mark's decision. I doubt if he will want to play football anymore with all that he's got going on in his life."
Defender Wright, 24, is a former Tottenham Hotspur and Southend trainee who has played for Crawley and Grays Athletic in the past.
He had a brief stint at Ryman Division One North side Heybridge Swifts earlier this season.
Thurrock, who are bottom of the Blue Square Bet South, are currently managerless following Robbie Garvey's resignation at the weekend.
South is willing to be patient in his managerial search and said: "I don't want to rock the boat too much.
"There is quality in the changing room. The players are letting themselves down more than anyone else.
"I will leave it to (caretaker managers) Grant (Gordon) and Lee Goodwin to sort out."
Meanwhile, Thurrock's gallant run in the FA Youth Cup ended on Monday. They lost 8-0 at Blackburn Rovers in the third round, having won six ties to get that far.