Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is not interested in taking on the England manager's job "at the present time", according to club chairman Daniel Levy.
"Harry has 18 months left on his contract. As far as Harry is concerned, he is very happy here and he doesn't particularly want to consider England at the present time," said Levy.
"We will worry about that situation if it arises in the summer."
Current England boss Fabio Capello will leave the role at the end of Euro 2012.
Redknapp has previously said the England job would be "hard to turn down" and described the position as "the pinnacle of your career".
He also claimed in September 2010 that he was taking his career a week at a time.
The 64-year-old took the reins at Tottenham in October 2008 with the team four points adrift at the bottom of the Premier League after a miserable start to the season under Spainard Juande Ramos.
He oversaw a recovery in their form as they climbed to eighth by the end of the campaign and then qualified for the Champions League in his first full season in charge in 2009-10.
Tottenham claimed famous victories over Inter Milan and AC Milan en route to the last eight of the premier European competition and have won plaudits for an attacking style that has taken them to fourth in the Premier League table this season.
Redknapp on tax evasion charges relating to his time as manager of previous club Portsmouth.
Meanwhile, the Tottenham boss has been warned over his future conduct following his post-match comments about the performance of referee Chris Foy during the defeat at Stoke.
The Spurs boss said he felt like Foy "was quite enjoying not giving us anything" during the 2-1 defeat.
The Football Association looked at the comments but decided against taking disciplinary reaction and instead have written to Redknapp.
An FA spokesman said: "We have written to Harry Redknapp following his post-match comments on Sunday warning him as to his future conduct."