Martin Jol backs Bobby Zamora to stay with Fulham
Fulham manager Martin Jol has dismissed reports that Bobby Zamora will leave the club during the transfer window.
The 30-year-old's relationship with Jol has come under scrutiny but he scored in Monday's win against Arsenal.
"He has never asked me for a transfer request," Jol said. "You provoke players a bit, sometimes they provoke you, there are emotions involved.
"The only thing I want for him is to score goals and win games for us, and if he does that I love him."
Zamora joined Fulham from West Ham in the summer of 2008 and has scored 36 times in 130 appearances for the club.
He was left out of the team at Swansea last month and, after rumours of a rift with Jol, was linked with a January move with QPR, Sunderland, Aston Villa and Bolton all mentioned as possible destinations.
But Jol insisted: "It is just speculation. It is always the same.
"If you are number nine at any club and can make the difference, I'm very happy."
After missing the draws with Chelsea and Norwich over the Christmas period, Zamora was recalled to face the Gunners and volleyed the winner in the final minute of injury time to register his first Premier League goal for three months.
But Jol added that the striker had been left out over the festive period as a precaution.
"He was injured," he said. "We talk about it and make assessments two days before, he was injured.
"He had problems with his Achilles and ankle and couldn't travel with us.
"You have to play another player, and [Orlando] Sa scored which was good.
"We did the same for this game and he said he could play so he plays because he is my main striker."