MK Dons boss Karl Robinson accepts FA charge 'like a man'
MK Dons boss Karl Robinson has said he will not appeal his Football Association charge of improper conduct, but will request a personal hearing.
Robinson was sent to the stands in Monday's 1-0 win over Colchester United after entering the field of play.
"I will accept the guilty charge like a man," he told BBC Three Counties Radio.
"But I wish other people can accept their faults and be punished like me. I will accept the punishment but I will ask for a hearing."
He added: "They need to understand the context of why I entered the pitch. It's not as black and white as it may seem."
The Dons boss says he initially came on the pitch to tend to striker Jabo Ibehre, who he initially thought had been knocked out following a heavy challenge, and quickly turned his frustration on referee Carl Berry.
"My actions weren't proper. But I can't hide my frustration," Robinson said.
"So yes [I over reacted], to an extent. But no [I didn't], because it's got to the stage now where I'm finding it harder and harder and harder to keep my mouth and frustrations professional.
"More experienced people than me in this game keep saying 'don't worry you'll get your luck'. If we do, it will be an awful lot of luck we're owed."
Any punishment the FA hands down to Robinson will not come into effect until after the hearing, meaning he will be on the touchline for Saturday's FA Cup clash with QPR.
Meanwhile, Robinson says he will look at the possibility of renewing winger Angelo Balanta's loan from this weekend's opponents, following the 21-year-old's return to Loftus Road.
"We've got a few things up our sleeve that we're looking at and monitoring," he said
"He's one of them, but there's an awful lot of options out there."
Meanwhile, the club have cancelled the contract of striker Lewis Guy by mutual consent.
The 26-year-old had recently returned his second loan spell at Oxford United and leaves Stadium MK with a record of four goals in 42 games.