Charlton have completed the signing of defender Leon Cort on a free transfer.
The 32-year-old became a free agent earlier this week after his contract was cancelled by Burnley, two years after they paid Stoke £1.5m for him.
Cort, a Guyana international, has already been on loan at Charlton this season and has now agreed an 18-month contract to the end of next season.
"These are exciting times at Charlton and I'm delighted to be a part of it," he told the club's official website.
"I've really enjoyed the first half of the season here and look forward to helping the club get back into the Championship."
Charlton are currently four points clear at the top of the League One table, but the run-in promises to be far from straightforward with the two Sheffield clubs, Huddersfield and MK Dons heading the chasing pack - and this weekend they face third-placed Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.
Despite that, Cort is confident Charlton have the right mental attitude to see them through the second part of the season.
"There is definitely such a thing as a promotion mentality. If you lose a game, you can assess what went wrong, but you cannot dwell on it, and people can't start losing faith and getting uptight," he said.
"We've twice moved on from defeats in a really positive fashion and we head to Sheffield Wednesday in good spirits."