Lukas Jutkiewicz to work for Middlesbrough place
Middlesbrough striker Lukas Jutkiewicz has said he expects a fight for a first-team place despite costing the club a fee in the region of £1.3m.
The 22-year-old tied up a permanent move from Coventry City on Monday, and joins forwards Marvin Emnes, Scott McDonald and Bart Ogbeche in Teesside.
"I wouldn't expect that to be the case at a club the size of this," Jutkiewicz told BBC Tees.
"The competition for places is going to improve me as a player."
Jutkiewicz has been a long-term target for Boro boss Tony Mowbray, and came close to joining the club during the August transfer window.
At 6ft 1in, the Southampton-born forward adds extra height to an attack that has previously lacked a six footer in its ranks.
"Tony's said to come in and there will be no pressure on me," Jutkiewicz added.
"It's important to settle in with the lads, and get used to the way that they're playing.
"Ultimately he wants me to provide a different threat for the team and obviously score goals."
Prior to moving to the Riverside, he scored 18 goals in 69 games for the Sky Blues, with nine in 27 so far this term.