Celtic manager Neil Lennon plays down Jorge Molina interest
Celtic boss Neil Lennon claims Jorge Molina is just one of several players he is having trouble in attracting.
The 29-year-old Real Betis striker is the latest to be linked with a move to Glasgow before the transfer window closes on Tuesday.
Ahead of Sunday's League Cup semi-final against Falkirk at Hampden, Lennon said no progress had been made regarding Molina.
"I am no further down the line with any enquiries for players," said Lennon.
Molina is under contract for another two years at Betis and doubts remain over whether he would be made available for sale, even if Lennon was interested in making a move for the player.
However, Lennon took an optimistic view of his endeavours in the January transfer window and insisted if no further acquisitions are made, he would be content with the players he has.
"It's basically as you were," said Lennon.
"If the window shuts and we go with the squad we have then fine.
"You are always looking to strengthen if you can but at the moment it is looking very difficult.
"We are not ruling anything out, but we are not ruling anything in either.
"From my own experience of these transfer windows, anything can happen, it goes right up until 12 o'clock.
"Until Wednesday morning, I won't have a definitive answer."
Meanwhile, one striker already on the Celtic books, Mo Bangura, may need to have to have san operation to fix his on-going knee problem.
Lennon said: "Bangura needs to see a specialist, hopefully next week and we will see if he requires surgery or not on his knee but we are hoping that will not be the case.
"It has been very frustrating for him."