Inverness CT 1-1 Kilmarnock

Inverness defender Roman Golobart scored at both ends in a draw with Kilmarnock as both sides' hopes of a top six league finish faded.

A spectacular own goal from the Spaniard put the visitors ahead after 31 minutes.

Cammy Bell made a series of saves to keep the Ayrshire side in front.

However, he was finally beaten seven minutes from time from close range as Golobart made amends with the equalising goal.

Kilmarnock had the incentive of wanting to impress ahead of next week's League Cup final against Celtic.

But Inverness had the better of the opening exchanges and Bell had to pull off a fantastic save to keep the scores level.

Billy McKay attempted to round the goalkeeper but saw his shot blocked. Sam Winnall - making his first start - latched onto the rebound and defender Mahamadou Sissoko got back well to divert the shot, when the on-loan Wolves front man really should have scored.

Greg Tansey forced Bell into another top drawer save after McKay's lay off just inside the box, before Gregory Tade fired over from 10 yards after a clever one-two with McKay.

However, it was the cup finalists who took an unlikely lead when Golobart's attempted clearance was scissor-kicked spectacularly past his own goalkeeper, Ryan Esson.

Tansey shot wide from the edge of the area and Golobart headed over as Inverness showed more attacking intent after the break.

The momentum stopped when Golobart clashed with Bell as he pounced on the ball and play was stopped for over two minutes for the goalkeeper to receive treatment.

Unperturbed, the hosts continued their hunt for a leveller with Winnall curling a low effort inches wide.

Tade was next to squander a chance when he shot high for Inverness and moments later the Frenchman's header was tipped over by Bell.

Winnall was next to fire off target when bearing down on goal and Bell, again, denied Richie Foran as he raced through clear on goal.

Despite the Killie keeper's heroics, he was finally beaten when Golobart pounced to fire home from close range after Foran's header was saved.

Kilmarnock burst into life in the final few minutes and could have won the game had defender Michael Nelson not headed straight at Esson when six yards from goal.

However, both sides had to settle for a solitary point.

Live text commentaryexternal-link

Top Stories