Welsh Premier & non-league round-up

Welsh Premier League

Welsh Premier

Championship Conference

Bangor City 4-2 Bala Town (Fri): Bangor ensured TNS could not win the Welsh Premier title over Easter as the second-placed side came from behind to beat Bala.

Ian Sheridan had given the visitors the lead before a first-half Mark Smyth double.

Mark Connolly's penalty drew Bala level but Peter Hoy's strike within a minute put Bangor back in control before Sion Edwards' late clincher

Prestatyn Town 2-3 Neath (Sat): Neath confirmed a European place next season, if they successfully appeal the rejection of their domestic licence, with victory at ten-man Prestatyn.

Lee Trundle gave the visitors an early lead before Jon Fisher-Cooke levelled for Prestatyn just before the hour.

Craig Hughes restored Neath advantage before home defender Martin Beattie was sent off and Luke Bowen added a third for Neath.

Paul O'Neill gave Prestatyn hope with seven minutes remaining but Neath held on to move 13 points clear in third of fourth-place Llanelli.

The New Saints 1-1 Llanelli (Sat): Llanelli striker Rhys Griffiths' leveller from the penalty spot ensured the Welsh Premier title race will continue as leaders The New Saints were held at home.

Nicky Ward had given the hosts a lead but Griffiths equalised within seven minutes as TNS lead north Wales rivals and second-placed Bangor City by two points with two games remaining.

Bala Town 0-1 Llanelli (Mon): Rhys Griffiths' 19th goal of the season at Bala guaranteed Llanelli a fourth place finish in this season's Welsh Premier League.

The hosts also ended the game with ten men as captain Mark Jones was sent-off in the final minutes for a poor challenge.

Play-off Conference

Afan Lido 1-6 Newtown (Fri): Newtown's late revival continued as the bottom side moved to within two points of safety with a thumping win over play-off hopefuls Afan Lido. Zac Evans scored a hat-trick, with Nick Rushton, Callum Wright and Andy Jones also on the scoresheet. The victory comes three days after Newtown beat league leaders The New Saints to reach the League Cup final.

Port Talbot Town 2-1 Aberystwyth Town (Fri): Port Talbot scored twice within eight second-half minutes to ease their relegation fears but put Aberystwyth in deep trouble.

Paul Keddle and Martin Rose put the hosts in control before Sean Thornton's consolation from the penalty spot for Aber.

Airbus 0-1 Carmarthen Town (Sat): Carmarthen Town's Welsh Premier survival hopes were boosted with a win at seventh-placed Airbus as Tim Hicks' winner ensured they moved out of the relegation zone to drop Aberystwyth in the bottom two

Airbus 2-2 Port Talbot Town (Mon): Airbus let a two-goal lead slip as Port Talbot capitalised when the hosts were reduced to ten man after Glenn Rule was sent off.

Mark Cadwallader and midfielder Rule had given Airbus a two-goal lead inside the opening 19 minutes but Martin Rose's penalty just before half-time gave Port Talbot hope.

Rule was shown a second yellow card inside two minutes just after the hour and Richard Greaves rescued a point for Port Talbot with 14 minutes remaining.

Afan Lido 0-2 Aberystwyth Town (Tues): Two goals inside five minutes from Rhydian Davies and Sean Thornton at Afan Lido lifted Aberystwyth Town out of the Welsh Premier League relegation zone.

Blue Square Bet North

Colwyn Bay 1-2 Guiseley (Sat)

Workington 3-1 Colwyn Bay (Mon)

Toolsation Premier Division

Merthyr Town 4-1 Hallen (Fri)

Bristol Manor Farm 3-5 Merthyr Town (Mon)

Top Stories