Inverness CT 0-2 Aberdeen

Goalkeeper Jamie Langfield made a successful comeback as Aberdeen profited from two Inverness own goals on a miserable afternoon for the hosts.

Langfield - making his first appearance for almost a year - made a string of good saves in the first half.

Roman Golobart headed a long-throw into his own net in the 46th minute.

And Kenny Gillet saw the ball strike him and rebound into the net after Jonny Tuffey had saved from Josh Magennis in the final minute.

Langfield, who was playing his first competitive game in 11 months after recovering from a brain seizure, palmed away an early Gregory Tade drive.

The Dons keeper parried again moments later when Jonny Hayes tested him with a low drive but Inverness struggled to fashion clear-cut opportunities for the rest of a drab encounter.

Steve Williams had the ball in the net in the 38th minute but his effort was ruled out for offside.

Aberdeen, despite lacking a cutting edge, took the lead moments after the break when Magennis's long throw-in was headed by Golobart but his attempted clearance found the net.

Inverness failed to capitalise on their lionshare of possession and Shane Sutherland spurned a great chance to equalise seven minutes from time when he blazed over.

And the Dons made Terry Butcher's side pay when they doubled their lead in the closing stages with another own goal.

Magennis ran through on goal and his shot was blocked by Tuffey's feet and the rebound bounced off French defender Gillet into the net.

The second own goal compounded Inverness's misery and consigned them to a ninth home defeat of the season.

Inverness manager Terry Butcher: "We dominated periods of possession and looked a threat, although we didn't create any clear-cut chances - more half chances than anything else.

"We've not done enough to win the game and that's disappointing.

"The fans were booing us at the end and quite rightly. If I had of paid to watch that then I would have done exactly the same."

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown: "I think you have to compliment both sides because we each had eight players under the age of 21.

"I've seen better games of football and we were fortunate to score through two own goals.

"However, it gave us the chance to bring 16-year-old Cammy Smith on, which was great, while Fraser Fyvie is learning and improving all the time.

"I know Inverness had three suspended, but we had nine out injured at what is a very difficult place to come to, so it was pleasing to get the result, especially with so many young players on the pitch."

Live text commentaryexternal-link