David Moyes: Everton boss insists no contact from Spurs
Last updated on .From the section Football
Everton manager David Moyes insists he has had no contact from Tottenham Hotspur and that he is happy at Goodison Park.
The 49-year-old is among the favourites to replace Harry Redknapp at White Hart Lane, alongside Andre Villas-Boas.
Moyes told BBC Sport that if Everton could match his ambitions as a manager he was happy to stay on Merseyside.
"I hope to meet all my ambitions at Everton but you never know in this game," he said. "I've had no contact."
He added: "I'm ambitious and I want to try to win things and ideally I want to do that with Everton.
"We brought in two or three players in January and you could see the difference it made to the club, so we want to try and do that again.
"I told my chairman four weeks ago [that money was needed to compete] so for me my concentration is on getting Everton ready for the start of the season, and hopefully getting off to a better one than we've had in recent years.
"I've always been loyal and I will continue to be loyal to Everton - as long as they want me, I'm happy there."
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is out of the country but will step up the search for a new manager when he returns on Monday.
Levy is no rush to replace Redknapp, with the club privately expressing a determination to conduct a "properly run process" to find their next manager.
Former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas is understood to be a leading contender for the post, but no formal contact has yet been made.
Representatives of Wigan manager Roberto Martinez have expressed an interest in the post, but Moyes insists reports linking him with the job came as a total surprise when he returned from a family holiday in the United States on Thursday.
"All I can say is that I have had no contact and if I had had any I would have told my chairman," Moyes told BBC Radio 5 live.
"I came back from holiday and found out about Harry and I feel sad for him because I feel he has done a good job."
The Everton manager said he had tried to contact Redknapp last week and had been surprised by the decision of the Spurs board.
"I have tried to speak to Harry. I feel for him, I feel as though it has been tough on Harry," Moyes commented. "I said last year I would have paid to watch Tottenham."