Irish Cup: Linfield and Crusaders must replay fifth round tie

Holders Linfield and Crusaders must replay their Irish Cup fifth round tie on 22 January after an eventful game at Windsor Park ended in a 2-2 draw.

Gary McCutcheon gave the Crues the lead after just 11 seconds but Brian McCaul levelled on 20, tapping in from close range after Sean O'Neill had spilled.

Chris Morrow replaced the injured O'Neill in goal, Tipton scored on 38 and Johnny Black was sent-off after 42.

Timmy Adamson stabbed home a deserved equaliser 10 minutes after half-time.

The Crues had a number of chances to take victory, but Paul Heatley and David Rainey squandered good opportunities.

McCutcheon knocked the ball past Alan Blayney for the early opener, while Timmy Adamson missed a glorious chance to extend the lead when he shot past the post.

O'Neill was forced to retire hurt after sustaining an injury while spilling Tipton's shot, with McCaul taking advantage by firing into the net.

The shoulder injury will rule O'Neill out for the remainder of the season.

Liam Boyce
Liam Boyce scored twice for Cliftonville against Ballinamallard

Tipton's effort was then adjudged to have crossed the line and Black was dismissed for a bad foul on Aidan Watson.

Adamson levelled and then Heatley's low shot was tipped wide by Blayney.

McCaul saw his free-kick pushed onto the bar by replacement keeper Morrow, Heatley fired past the post and Rainey headed wide when well placed in the dying seconds.

In the day's other all-Premiership ties, Cliftonville beat 10-man Ballinamallard United 4-2 and Portadown saw off Dungannon Swifts 2-1.

Joe Gormley gave Premiership leaders Cliftonville the lead after just four minutes, but Ryan Campbell fired past Conor Devlin to make it 1-1 a minute later.

David Kee was sent-off for a second bookable offence and then Gormley grabbed his second from the penalty spot after he had been tripped by Alvin Rouse inside the area.

Liam Boyce beat three defenders before scoring on 85, Stephen Sheridan pulled one back on 89, but Boyce was on target again in the final minute.

Gary Twigg netted with a simple tap-in after a flick on by Brian Gartland in the 22nd minute of the game at Shamrock Park.

Twigg then rounded the keeper and slotted home on 75 minutes after Fra Brennan had misjudged his header back to Johnny Curran.

Josh Cahoon grabbed a consolation for the Swifts after 79 minutes.

Irish Cup fifth round results - Saturday 12 January

Ards 4-0 Immaculata

Ballymena Utd 2-1 Warrenpoint Town

Cliftonville 4-2 Ballinamallard Utd

Coleraine 7-0 Ballynahinch Utd

Glenavon 5-1 H&W Welders

Institute 2-1 Rathfriland Rangers

Killymoon Rangers 1-4 Glentoran

Larne 1-1 Lurgan Celtic

Linfield 2-2 Crusaders

Lisburn Distillery 5-1 Coagh Utd

Loughgall 1-3 Donegal Celtic

Portadown 2-1 Dungannon Swifts

Ballyclare Comrades 2-3 Bangor

Dundela 4-3 QUB

Knockbreda 5-1 Rosario YC

Tobermore Utd 2-2 Kilmore Rec