Referees could lead players from the pitch after fans' racist abuse
Fifa's new anti-racism taskforce will debate giving referees increased authority to lead teams from the pitch if players are racially abused.
The taskforce, membership of which was revealed by BBC Sport earlier this week, will begin their discussions in Zurich on Monday.
The new measure could also lead the team whose fans caused the walk-off to have to forfeit the match.
Retrospective deduction of points from teams is also expected to be debated.
Fifa says the taskforce, when it meets next week, will provide an update of their proposals later this month during their annual congress, held in Mauritius.
The 12 members of the group include outgoing Football Association chairman David Bernstein and Howard Webb, the English referee who took charge of the 2010 World Cup final.
The inclusion of AC Milan and Ghana midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng and AZ Alkmaar's United States forward Jozy Altidore - both of whom have been racially abused by fans whilst playing for their clubs - is an indication of the desire by Fifa for the group to be viewed as credible.
The appointment of Webb, Theo van Seggelen, secretary general of worldwide players' union Fifpro, Piara Powar, executive director of Football Against Racism in Europe (Fare), and the head of Fifa's disciplinary committee Marcel Mathier is also a signal of the governing body's intent to ensure any new regulations are acceptable to the game's stakeholders and, crucially, that they are enforceable.
The taskforce will be chaired by Jeffrey Webb, a Fifa vice-president and head of Concacaf, football's governing body in North and Central American and the Caribbean.
Speaking in March, Webb said he believed financial penalties were no longer effective in stopping racist and discriminatory behaviour, and that he was contemplating proposing a "three strikes" policy for offending players and clubs.