Milk Cup: Man Utd, Everton and Mexico triumph in Ballymena

Manchester United secure a last-gasp win over County Tyrone in the Premier Section final of the Milk Cup at Ballymena Showgrounds.

Oliver McBurney's injury-time header gave Manchester United a 1-0 win over County Tyrone in the Milk Cup Premier Section final in Ballymena.

United hit the post before McBurney secured a fifth Premier Section success for the Old Trafford teenagers.

Everton beat County Antrim 4-3 on penalties in the Junior Section decider after the game finished 1-1.

Mexico had a player sent off against Northern Ireland but still won 2-1 to retain the Elite Section title.

The Mexicans were rewarded for their strong first-half display when Kevin Gutierrez netted a superb free-kick after 32 minutes.

Everton beat County Antrim 4-3 in a penalty shoot-out after the sides draw 1-1 in the Junior final of the Milk Cup youth football tournament.

Northern Ireland equalised against the run of play on 53 minutes with Cameron McGeehan scoring from the spot after Sergio Flores handled in the box.

Tempers frayed 10 minutes later and Rodrigo Gonzalez was shown a straight red card for a push on McGeehan, while team-mate Carlos Arreola was lucky to stay on the pitch after striking Northern Ireland's goalscorer.

Northern Ireland failed to take advantage of the extra man and Lozano's back-post strike in the 73rd minute won it for the Mexicans.

Anthony Evans and Nathan Broadhead hit the woodwork for the young Toffees in the Junior Section final but County Antrim were first to find the net.

Brendy Glackin's penalty put the local side ahead with nine minutes left before Michael Taylor volleyed home the equaliser three minutes later.

Mexico put pay to Northern Ireland's hopes in the Elite section of the Milk Cup youth football tournament with a 2-1 win at Ballymena Showgrounds.

Antrim may have lost the shoot-out but they had the honour of being the first county team to appear in a Milk Cup final.

The tournament finished with the Premier Section final, where United were frustrated by a well-organised County Tyrone outfit.

United began to carve out chances in the second half, beginning with Joe Riley heading over from eight yards.

Andreas Pereira's shot hit a post and excellent goalkeeping from Patrick Molloy took Tyrone to the verge of a penalty shoot-out.

However, McBurney gave United a deserved victory in the first minute of injury time when his back-post header from a corner hit the bar and bounced over the line.

Tyrone had a last-gasp penalty claim turned down when United keeper Joel Pereira collided with Mark Megarry as he ran into the area.