Welsh Premier League & non-League round-up

Welsh Premier League

Welsh Premier League


Afan Lido 0-1 Prestatyn Town: Lee Hunt's first half penalty proved enough to secure Prestatyn's first win in six league games at bottom club Afan Lido. The visitors secured the three points despite playing the majority of the game with 10-men after Mike Parker was shown the red card for a dangerous tackle on Gareth Phillips seven minutes before the interval.

Newtown 2-3 Gap Connah's Quay: Connah's Quay are third after coming from behind twice to win at Latham Park. Sean Evans gave Newtown the lead only for Gary O'Toole to level for Nomads. Tom Goodwin restored Newtown's advantage on 61 minutes but within a minute O'Toole equalised for a second time from the penalty spot. Newtown were reduced to 10 men with 22 minutes when Sean Evans was sent-off for a deliberate handball before Paul Mooney's 78th goal secured victory for the visitors.

Rhyl 0-2 The New Saints: The New Saints returned to the top of the table on goal difference with a deserved win at the Belle Vue. The champions were ahead after only three minutes when Greg Draper scored following a cross from Sam Finley, who added a second on 35 minutes.

Carmarthen Town 4-4 Bangor City: Luke Cummings scored in injury time to rescue a point for 10-man Carmarthen against Bangor City in an eight-goal thriller at Richmond Park. The hosts were reduced to 10 men after just six minutes when Kris Thomas was sent-off for a foul on Chris Jones. Bangor were leading 2-0 after 11 minutes through goals from Jamie Petrie and Les Davies but Jordan Follows and Christian Doidge scored to level for Carmarthen. Davies restored Bangor's lead on the stroke of half-time and Jamie McDaid's goal seemed to have secured Bangor's win. But a Corey Thomas free-kick and Cummings' late goal secured a point for the home side.


Airbus UK Broughton 4-1 Aberystwyth Town: Airbus reacted to going behind to Geoff Kellaway's opener for Aberystwyth by romping to victory. Chris Budrys got the hosts level before half-time, with Ian Kearney, Steve Jones and Michael Roddy adding goals after the break.

Port Talbot Town 0-2 Bala Town: Bala led through Kieran Smith after just 10 minutes but had to hold off Port Talbot until deep into injury time, when Mark Jones added a second to secure the points.

FA Cup Third Qualifying Round

Saturday: Colwyn Bay 2-1 Ossett Town

Southern League Division One South & West

Saturday: Guildford City 2-3 Merthyr Town

Women's Welsh Premier League

Sunday: Aberystwyth 5-0 Northop Hall

Sunday: Cardiff City 0-0 Swansea City

Sunday: Cardiff Met 15-0 Caernarfon

Sunday: Llandudno Junction 1-3 Port Talbot

Sunday: Newcastle Emlyn 5-0 Llanidloes

Sunday: PILCS 3-1 Wrexham