Welsh Premier & non-League round-up

Welsh Premier League

Corbett Sports Welsh Premier


Afan Lido FC 1-2 The New Saints: Mike Wilde grabbed a late winner for Saints a minute before the end as the league leaders came from behind to win it. Lido had led at half-time through Chris Hartland, but Chris Marriott levelled after the break before Wilde's winner.

Airbus UK Broughton 0-1 Bangor City: Airbus lost ground on The New Saints as they lost at home to Bangor in a match that saw three red cards. Jamie Petrie struck 15 minutes before the end for the Citizens, before Airbus' Phil Bolland and Bangor's Les Davies were sent-off for fighting. The hosts finished with nine men after Jay Owen also saw red for a dangerous tackle.


Carmarthen Town 2-0 Bala Town: Goals in each half from Christian Doidge and Cortez Belle saw Carmarthen ease to victory against visiting Bala.

Newtown 0-0 Aberystwyth: Newtown and Aberystwyth ground out a goalless draw in a meeting of two top-half sides, although Newtown finished with 10 men after Andy Jones was shown his second yellow card late on.

Port Talbot Town 1-2 Prestatyn Town: Lee Hunt's late brace earned Prestatyn all three points in a topsy-turvy game at Port Talbot. The home side had Adie Harris sent off after the midfielder picked up two yellow cards within the first half-hour, but still led when Rhys Griffiths struck on the verge of half-time. The Steelmen went down to nine men early in the second half when substitute Guillem Bauza earned a straight red for a stray elbow. Prestatyn player-manager Neil Gibson also saw red, earning a sending off from the sidelines before even making it onto the pitch.


Rhyl 2-1 Gap Connah's Quay: Two goals from Jason Oswell earned Rhyl victory against Connah's Quay, who pulled a late consolation back through Gary O'Toole.

FA CARLSBERG TROPHY - Third Round Qualifying

Saturday: Colwyn Bay P-P Altrincham*match abandoned on 83 minutes following injury to referee

Saturday: East Thurrock 4-2 Merthyr Town

Top Stories