Swansea City: Training bust-up incident closed, says Garry Monk
Swansea City head coach Garry Monk says he has not had to discipline any squad member after a training ground bust-up.
Monk insisted the matter is now closed and said the incident had been blown out of proportion.
"It was dealt with at that moment in time, everyone was fine and we moved on," Monk said.
Monk believes someone from outside the club is trying to undermine their efforts at a crucial time of the season.
The Swans are only three points clear of the relegation zone with four games of the Premier League campaign remaining.
"We've got a good idea of the source that it's come from, obviously to try and unsettle us," Monk said. "The source, where they mention the stuff that they mention, clearly comes from the outside because some of it was bizarre.
"I think you could see on Sunday with the performance just how unified the group are, so there's no problem whatsoever."
The training ground bust-up prior to last Sunday's home defeat to Chelsea was the second incident in recent months.
Before succeeding Michael Laudrup, Monk was involved in a training ground incident with fellow defender Chico Flores in January, which the Swans confirmed the police were called out to after a member of the public phoned them.
But the Swansea head coach says such incidents are not uncommon in football and are often the result of players' high emotions during training sessions.
"You get these every now and again but that's because they want to win," Monk added. "It could be a five-a-side, could be shooting practice but they want to win it. These things happen.
"It happens on a pitch on a Saturday in front of everyone and it happens behind closed doors in training grounds. But they're professional, they get on with it. We don't make a deal of it, the players don't make a deal of it.
"It's something we now laugh about because it was really just nothing."