World Cup voting T&C's
Last updated on .From the section 2014 Fifa World Cup
Terms and Conditions
1. You can take part by accessing the vote that will be available during a programme on BBC Sport's coverage as part of the World Cup. You will find the question and a list of alternative answers. You can register your vote by electronically clicking on the box beside the answer they wish to vote for.
2. You can also take part by voting on Twitter for one of alternative answers using the hashtags promoted online or within the broadcast.
3. Any votes registered outside the announced voting times, which will be listed online, will not count.
4. This is not a competition and there will be no prize.
5. You can only register one vote via the BBC website and one vote via your Twitter account. The BBC will announce either through its radio broadcast, television broadcast or via bbc.co.uk/worldcup when voting is closed and the result of the final vote.
6. The BBC reserves the right to disqualify entries or suspend voting if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting. The BBC has the right to substitute an alternative selection method at its absolute discretion. For the purposes of investigating voting irregularities the BBC may use the data collected on our behalf or through cookies. The BBC will not publish this information or provide it to anyone without permission, except where required for enforcement of these terms. For more information please see www.bbc.co.uk/privacy
7. If, for any reason, the online voting system fails, the vote may be suspended or a contingency plan may be actioned.
8. The BBC reserves the right to change, cancel or suspend this event at any time.
9. The BBC cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any on-line system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
10. Please note that any BBC staff member or anyone who is directly connected in any way with the production of the programme is not eligible to vote.
11. The voting in this programme accords with the BBC's code of conduct for voting: www.bbc.co.uk/competitioncode
12. The BBC will only use your personal data for purposes of running this event. The BBC complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. For more information on how the BBC uses your information please refer to www.bbc.co.uk/privacy
Your IP address or Twitter handle and vote will be processed by Tectonic Interactive Limited on behalf of the BBC, in order to calculate the results of the vote. The BBC will keep this information secure and will not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC's Privacy and Cookies Policy which is available at www.bbc.co.uk/privacy .