Welsh Premier League & non-League round-up

Welsh Premier League

Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League


Aberystwyth Town 3-3 Bangor City: Bangor City gained their first point of the season but Chris Venables' late penalty denied them a first victory. Venables and Bangor keeper Jack Cudworth's own goal gave Aber a 2-0 lead. But goals from Declan Walker and Sion Edwards saw Bangor draw level before Edwards put the visitors in front. But Venables rescued a point for the home side from the penalty spot in stoppage time.

Carmarthen Town 2-1 Port Talbot Town: Mark Aizlewood's Carmarthen maintained their uneaten start to the season with victory over Port Talbot Town. Lewis Harling scored the opening goal for Carmarthen, who had Luke Cummings sent-off early in the second half. Liam Thomas scored a second for the home side with three minutes remaining before Dan Sheehan scored Port Talbot's consolation a minute later.

Cefn Druids 3-2 Gap Connah's Quay: Newly promoted Cefn Druids secured their first win of the season at home to Gap Connah's Quay, who are still waiting their first victory of the campaign. Luke Holden gave the visitors the lead on 27 minutes only for Tom Donegan to equalise nine minutes later. Derek Taylor put Druids ahead five minutes after the break before his second secured victory during stoppage time in which Jamie Rainford scored a second for the visitors, who had Gary Roberts sent-off.

Airbus UK Broughton 3-0 Newtown AFC: First half goals from Ryan Wignall and Ashley Williams with Matty McGinn scoring a third early in the second half saw last season's runners-up Airbus beat Newtown, who had David Jones sent-off.

The New Saints 6-1 Rhyl: Champions The New Saints are top of the Welsh Premier League after a thumping home win over Rhyl at Park Hall. The home side were 5-1 up at the interval thanks to goals from Greg Draper (2) Sam Finley, Alex Darlington and Adrian Cieslewicz after Dave Forbes had equalised for Rhyl. Aaron Edwards added a sixth for the Saints two minutes after the interval.


Prestatyn Town 3-3 Bala Town: Bala came from behind three times to earn a point at Prestatyn, who took an 11th minute lead through Ross Stephens. Kieran Smith made it 1-1 after the break and Mark Connolly equalised twice in five minutes for the visitors, cancelling out strikes by Jack Lewis and Andy Parkinson.

The Word Cup Second Round


Aberystwyth 0-1 Bala Town (aet)

Bangor City 2-1 Cefn Druids

Carmarthen 2-3 Penybont

Llandudno v Rhyl (*Abandoned after 50 minutes due to floodlight failure)

Prestatyn Town 6-5 Caernarfon Town (aet)

The New Saints FC 2-1 Airbus UK

Welsh Cup

Qualifying Round One Results

Vanarama Conference North


Leamington 0-3 Colwyn Bay

FA Cup Preliminary Round


Merthyr Town 0-1 Larkhall Athletic

Top Stories