Welsh Premier League & non-League round-up

Welsh Premier League

Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League


Bangor City 0-1 Cefn Druids: The start to the second-half was delayed after a home supporter suffered a suspected heart attack. An ambulance was called and the man was taken to hospital. Bangor remain bottom of the table after losing to an 87th minute goal by Derek Taylor.

Carmarthen Town 1-2 The New Saints: The visitors extended their lead at the top of the table with victory at third placed Town, despite having Matthew Williams sent off after just three minutes. Mike Wilde and Aeron Edwards fired Saints into a 2-0 half-time lead, before Liam Thomas got a goal back for Carmarthen, four minutes after his team-mate Paul Fowler saw red after receiving two yellow cards.


Airbus UK Broughton 2-1 Rhyl: Airbus returned to second spot in the Welsh Premier League with a 2-1 win at home to Rhyl. Ian Kearney gave Airbus the lead before Aaron Bowen equalised for the visitors. Ryan Wade restored the home side's lead a minute after the interval with a goal which proved to be the winner against a Rhyl side who finished the game with 10 men after Rob Hughes was sent-off.

Newtown AFC 1-2 Gap Connah's Quay: Connah's Quay long wait for a first league win of the season came to an end at Latham Park. Sean Miller put the visitors ahead early in the second half only for Terry McCormick's own goal to bring Newtown level. But Gary O'Toole 's winner four minutes from time secured a long awairted win for Nomads.

Prestatyn Town 2-1 Aberystwyth Town: Prestatyn secured only their second win of the season with victory over Aberystwyth, who had started the day in second place. Mike Parker gave the home side the lead before Dave Hayes added a second with 20 minutes remaining after they had Ross Weaver sent-off. Mark Jones missed a penalty for Aberystwyth before Chris Venables netted a late consolation.


Bala Town 4-1 Port Talbot Town: Bala moved up to fourth in the Welsh Premier League with victory over Port Talbot. Ian Sheridan's opening goal on eight minutes and Mark Connolly's brace put Bala into a commanding 3-0 lead before Chad Bond replied on the stroke of half-time. Sheridan added a second with a minute remaining with Port Talbot ending the game with 10 men after Liam McCreesh was sent-off in injury time.

Conference North


Stalybridge Celtic 1-2 Colwyn Bay

FA Trophy Preliminary Round


Taunton Town 1-1 Merthyr Town (Replay on Tuesday, 21 October)