Northampton Town: Emile Sinclair wants 'promotion form'

Emile Sinclair
Sinclair joined the Cobblers initially on loan in January 2014 and has scored two goals in 15 starts

Northampton Town's Emile Sinclair says he has unfinished business at the club now that he has recovered from injury.

The 26-year-old striker was made available for loan in August but scored against Shrewsbury, only to then struggle with an ankle complaint.

He told BBC Radio Northampton: "I've had ups and downs. I came here to prove a point and promotion was the target.

"I want to be a big part of that. I want to push the team back on promotion form. The job's not done."

Sinclair added: "Hopefully I can be involved on Saturday [against Luton], start starting games and scoring goals."

The former Crawley Town striker joined the Cobblers initially on loan, before signing a two-year deal for an undisclosed fee in the summer.

His three goals have come in 17 starts and seven substitute appearances for Northampton.

The club remain in an injury crisis with defender Zander Diamond having an operation on an ankle injury.

Chris Hackett is a doubt for Saturday's game at third-placed Luton with a back complaint and Marc Richards, Evan Horwood, Lewis Hornby and Lee Collins are also ruled out.

But goalkeeper Matt Duke and Kelvin Langmead are closer to starting matches, whilst Ian Morris may return before the end of the year, having been a doubt for the entire season.

"We've got fantastic players that we signed not available," Northampton manager Chris Wilder told BBC Radio Northampton. "They'd get into the majority of League Two sides.

"We are going to be the weakest we've been all season [against Luton], but I stand up for these situations. Maybe that's where I've made my name.

"It's not how you're judged when you're winning games, it's when things go against you that you show your true qualities. That's what the players have to do."

Meanwhile, Wilder has been charged by the FA on three counts for his conduct in the 3-2 defeat to Cheltenham.

He was sent to the stands at half-time for comments made to the referee.