Rangers manager Ally McCoist has revealed he plans to see out the full 12 months of his notice period.
The Ibrox club announced on Monday that McCoist had decided to quit after three-and-a-half years in charge.
The manager refused to reveal the reasons behind his decision to resign from the Championship outfit.
But, when asked if he planned to see out the full 12-month notice period set down in his one-year rolling contract, he said: "Yes. Absolutely."
The 52-year-old added: "I don't know if it's realistic or not, but I expect it to happen because it is in the boundaries of the contract, which I look to honour."
McCoist had held talks with the Rangers board on Wednesday, when it was thought a deal could be agreed that would result in the manager exiting before the end of his notice, but no resolution was agreed.
|Rangers manager Ally McCoist|
|"Have I been considering this for long? Not really. It was a very difficult decision but once I had made it, there was no turning back."|
He resigned before last week's 2-0 defeat at Queen of the South and, when asked ahead of his side's meeting with Livingston why he had decided to hand in his notice, McCoist said: "I would keep that private.
"I wouldn't comment at all about why I have made that decision, but now that I have, I can assure the Rangers supporters - who are the most important people - that I am 100% focused on continuing the job.
"The most important thing is to say that it is business as usual. That is exactly how it has been.
"Our last game was not good enough, so we are concentrating all our efforts on tomorrow against Livingston.
"Have I been considering this for long? Not really. It was a very difficult decision, but once I had made it, there was no turning back.
"And I can assure everybody I am 100% committed and focused for the remainder of my contract.
"The Rangers fans would expect nothing less than that."