David Moyes: Real Sociedad boss sent to stands in Copa del Rey tie
Real Sociedad manager David Moyes was sent to the stands and his side were knocked out of the Copa del Rey at the last-16 stage against Villarreal.
The former Everton and Manchester United boss remonstrated with officials over an offside decision and was ordered from the touchline.
He had to scale a pitch-side fence and once he found a seat, he accepted the offer of a crisp from a spectator.
Villarreal progressed 3-2 on aggregate after the second leg finished 2-2.
Trailing 1-0 from the first leg, Moyes's side fell further behind when Giovani dos Santos teed up Gerard Moreno to fire home the opener on 26 minutes.
Former Arsenal striker Carlos Vela gave the hosts hope just before half-time when he bundled in the rebound from close range after Sergio Asenjo had saved Imanol Agirretxe's headed effort.
However, former Barcelona and Tottenham Hotspur forward Dos Santos put the tie beyond doubt when he put Villarreal back in front 17 minutes from time.
Esteban Granero replied moments later to ensure Moyes remains unbeaten at home in his five games since taking charge.
- 3GonzálezSubstituted forFinnbogasonat 76'minutes
- 6Iñigo MartínezBooked at 50mins
- 19Berchiche IzetaBooked at 50mins
- 14Rubén PardoBooked at 14mins
- 10Xabi Prieto
- 11VelaBooked at 57mins
- 16CanalesSubstituted forCastroat 61'minutes
- 24De la Bella
- 5MusacchioBooked at 82mins
- 16Dorado Ramírez
- 18Costa Jordá
- 19Gómez BardonadoSubstituted forCheryshevat 79'minutesBooked at 90mins
- 14Trigueros Muñoz
- 4PinaSubstituted forBrunoat 65'minutes
- 27LeivaBooked at 62minsSubstituted forPerez Martinezat 69'minutes
- 23Moreno BalagueróBooked at 71mins
- 9dos SantosBooked at 71mins
- 2Perez Martinez
- 6dos Santos
- 25Sánchez Martínez
- Carlos Velasco Carballo
- Shots on Target