Bakary Sako: Wolves winger's ban overturned after appeal
Wolves have succeeded in their appeal against the red card shown to winger Bakary Sako during Saturday's draw with Championship promotion rivals Watford.
Sako was sent off in injury time for tangling with Watford striker Fernando Forestieri, in a match that ended 2-2.
The Mali international would have faced a three-match ban for violent conduct had the appeal been unsuccessful.
"We are delighted that Bakary's red card has been overturned," manager Kenny Jackett told Wolves' website.
"It's great news for everyone at the club and we can now look forward to Saturday's game with him available to us."
|Sako's previous good behaviour|
|Bakary Sako has been booked only once this season, in a 2-2 draw at home to Wigan in October. He had not previously been sent off in professional football, either for Wolves or his previous club St Etienne.|
Earlier this week, Jackett criticised the decision to dismiss the 26-year-old.
"There was no contact from Sako," he told BBC WM.
"He hasn't raised his arms. You can quite clearly see it on the video and we will be appealing. I'm confident of my opinion. The decision is for other people to make."
Sako was the second of two players to be sent off in injury time at Molineux on Saturday, with Watford defender Tommie Hoban having been dismissed for a second bookable offence.