FA plans contract talks with England manager Roy Hodgson
Last updated on .From the section Football
Football Association chairman Greg Dyke is planning contract talks with England boss Roy Hodgson within the next year.
Hodgson, 67, succeeded Fabio Capello in May 2012, but his team bowed out at the group stage of last year's World Cup.
However, England are top of their 2016 European Championship qualifying group after winning their first four games.
Hodgson's current deal runs to the end of Euro 2016 in France and Dyke said: "Sometime in the next year we will discuss what happens afterwards."
|Records of recent England managers|
"I get on quite well with Roy and I chat to him all the time," the FA chairman said. "We have not talked about contracts yet. We will have the discussion with Roy in the next nine months to a year."
Hodgson, who managed Switzerland between 1992 and 1995, took England to the quarter-finals of Euro 2012, where they lost on penalties to Italy.
England were unbeaten in qualifying for the World Cup, topping the group with six wins and four draws, but lost twice and did not win a match at the finals in Brazil, their first group stage elimination since 1958.
The Euro 2016 qualifying campaign, which continues on Friday against Lithuania at Wembley, began encouragingly with 11 goals from the first four matches against Switzerland, San Marino, Estonia and Slovenia.