Turkey's SuperLig and domestic cup matches have been suspended for one week after the Fenerbahce team bus was shot at by a gunman on Saturday.
The Turkish Football Federation (TFF) announced the decision after a meeting with the sports minister on Monday.
"We believe the incident was a terrorist attack, targeting not only Fenerbahce but Turkish sports," said TFF chairman Yildirim Demiroren.
"We decided to postpone all league and cup games for a week."
Champions Fenerbahce were travelling to Trabzon airport, following their 5-1 victory over Rizespor, when the shooting happened.
The driver was taken to hospital but no players were injured in the attack.
In a statement on the TFF website, sports minister Akif Cagatay Kilic said the bus driver, named as Ufuk Kiran, was "recovering quickly".
Fenerbahce had called for the league to be suspended saying: "We think it's unavoidable to suspend the league until this dark attack is enlightened."
|History of trouble|
|August 2011: Fenerbahce withdrawn from the 2011-12 Champions League by the TFF while they were being investigated for match-fixing.|
|September 2011: TFF ban men from attending Fenerbahce matches after violence during a friendly.|
|May 2012: Hundreds of Fenerbahce fans riot after a derby match against Galatasaray.|
|May 2013: Fenerbahce fan reportedly stabbed to death after Istanbul derby.|
|June 2013: Fenerbache banned for two years from competing in Europe by Uefa for their involvement in domestic match-fixing.|
|March 2014: Match against Trabzonspor abandoned in the first half after crowd trouble.|
Fenerbahce striker Emmanuel Emenike said he and his team-mates had been left stunned by what happened.
"The word 'shot' came as a big shock," the Nigeria international told BBC Sport. "But when we saw blood and the shattered driver's side window, it quickly turned into a scary moment for everyone on the bus."
Fenerbahce and Trabzonspor are banned from taking away fans when they play each other and a game between the sides last season at the Avni Aker Stadium in Trabzon was abandoned after objects were thrown on to the pitch.
Fenerbahce, who have former Premier League players Dirk Kuyt, Raul Meireles and Emre Belozoglu in their side, are the defending champions of the SuperLig and have won the major domestic competition 19 times.
They are two points behind Galatasaray in second place with eight games left this season and were due to play fourth-placed Bursapor on 13 April.
Their Turkish Cup quarter-final against Mersin İdman Yurdu on Tuesday had already been postponed following the attack.