Portadown's Chris Casement wins appeal against six-match ban
Portadown defender Chris Casement will be able to play in the Irish Cup final after winning an appeal against a six-match ban for head-butting.
The former Linfield man had been given the lengthy suspension as a result of an incident during an Irish Premiership match against Dungannon Swifts.
Casement's submission to the appeal hearing was supported by the Dungannon player involved, Terry Fitzpatrick.
Portadown play Glentoran in the cup final at the Oval on Saturday, 2 May.
The Ports had argued that the suspension of 27-year-old Casement was unfair and a devastating blow to the player and club.
At the original disciplinary hearing Portadown used video and verbal evidence, including testimony from Fitzpatrick himself, to support their case that Casement should have his red card rescinded.
Earlier this week, Portadown assistant manager Kieran Harding said: "The player said nothing happened and the so-called victim said nothing happened.
"The referee admitted that it was not a head-butt and the video evidence certainly did not show it was a head-butt.
"And yet we had a situation where a player was banned for six games. If you were to apply natural justice in a court, it just would not stand up."