Norway women 4-0 Thailand women
Former champions Norway opened their Women's World Cup campaign by thrashing tournament newcomers Thailand in Ottawa.
Isabell Herlovsen scored twice for the 1995 winners, the first a smart finish after a team passing move, the second a header from close range.
Trine Ronning had already got the first with a free-kick, while Ada Hegerberg added a fourth in the second half.
Maren Mjelde also saw a penalty saved by Thailand's Waraporn Boonsing.
In addition, Herlovsen had a goal chalked off for offside and Hegerberg hit the woodwork twice.
Still, it represents a strong start for Norway, who failed to progress beyond the group stage four years ago.
Group B also includes two-time champions Germany, who beat Ivory Coast 10-0 on Sunday.
|Women's World Cup 2015|
|Video, features and latest news|
|How to watch on the BBC|
|Women's WC on the World Service|
- 7RonningSubstituted forThorsnesat 63'minutes
- 11Holstad BergeSubstituted forLundat 45'minutes
- 8GulbrandsenSubstituted forHaaviat 69'minutes
- 5Karlseng Utland
- 9PhetwisetBooked at 51mins
- 4SritalaBooked at 74mins
- 8SeesraumSubstituted forSrimaneeat 59'minutes
- 17MaijarernSubstituted forChawongat 90'minutes
- Anna-Marie Keighley
- Shots on Target