Victor Wanyama: Southampton midfielder has asked to leave
Victor Wanyama has asked to leave Southampton but manager Ronald Koeman says the midfielder will not be sold.
The 24-year-old was left out of the 3-0 win over Norwich for not being "mentally and physically good enough to play", according to the Saints boss.
Koeman added: "If he keeps playing like this, he is playing with his future."
The Dutchman reiterated forward Sadio Mane, linked with Manchester United, would not leave and said: "Nobody is for sale in this team."
A Graziano Pelle strike and two goals from Dusan Tadic gave Southampton their first win of the season against the 10-man Canaries on Sunday.
Koeman revealed Kenya's Wanyama, who joined in 2013, told him he wanted to leave the club during a team meeting last week.
"If Victor shows the commitment to the team and he comes back we would like to have him in the team, that is no problem," he said.
"The situation with Victor is that he has lost some focus to the team, to the club and that is the reason I finally took the decision to keep him out of the squad."
With Tottenham reported to be interested in Wanyama, Koeman likened the situation to when Frenchman Morgan Schneiderlin asked to leave before last season.
Southampton refused his request and the midfielder, who Spurs were also interested in, is now at Manchester United having moved for £25m this summer.
"Maybe it is good for Victor to talk to Morgan, because I think he is more happy now than he was last year even to do the move he wanted at that moment," said Koeman.
"After losing again for this season some good players it was the same statement we did with Morgan last year. No change, nothing. We need that commitment from the players."