Neymar: Barcelona forward had Manchester United talks
Last updated on .From the section European Football
Barcelona forward Neymar has confirmed he had "conversations" about joining Manchester United this summer but did not receive a firm offer.
United were linked with a move for the Brazilian - who has scored 57 goals for Barca - at the end of the transfer window.
The 23-year-old ex-Santos striker said: "We had conversations, but there was nothing concrete.
"I heard that there were offers but none were made to me."
Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward flew to Barcelona last month, when he attempted to complete a move for Neymar's team-mate Pedro, who eventually joined Chelsea.
Neymar, who scored a consolation in Barca's shock 4-1 defeat at Celta Vigo on Wednesday night, wants to end this season as one of the best players in the world.
"I want to keep giving my all and evolve season to season," he told ESPN Brazil. "I hope I will be on the Ballon d'Or podium this year."