Welsh Premier & non-League round-up


Dafabet Welsh Premier League

Saturday, 16 January

Aberystwyth Town 1-2 Newtown: Newtown sealed their place in the top six and ended nine-man Aberystwyth's hopes with a 2-1 win at Park Avenue. Neil Mitchell and Sean Evans scored for Newtown, with Chris Venables replying for the home side before he was sent off late in the game after Luke Sherborn had also been dismissed.

Bala Town 3-0 MBi Llandudno: Bala Town finished the first phase of the season in second place with a home win over MBi Llandudno. Both sides had already secured their places in the top six ahead of the final round of first-phase games. Lee Hunt scored twice with Mike Hayes also netting as Bala wrapped up victory before the break at Maes Tegid. Marc Williams missed a late penalty for the visitors, while Bala's Kieran Smith was sent-off in stoppage time.

Bangor City 2-1 Haverfordwest: Despite victory over bottom-of-the-table Haverfordwest, Bangor's slim hopes of making a top-six spot were dashed as Newtown and Connah's Quay won. Damien Allen and Anthony Miley scored for the Citizens, who finished the first phase of the season in seventh.

Carmarthen Town 1-1 Rhyl: Before the start of the match, Carmarthen needed a win to have a chance of a place in the top six. They took the lead through Kieran Lewis but struggling Rhyl levelled just before half-time thanks to debutant Zac Corbett's header.

Gap Connah's Quay 2-0 The New Saints: Nomads sealed their place in the Championship Conference, inflicting champions and league leaders New Saints' first defeat of the season. First-half goals from Callum Morris (penalty) and Les Davies secured the win for Andy Morrison's side.

Port Talbot Town 2-2 Airbus UK Broughton: Port Talbot already knew they would be in the play-off conference for the second half of the season, while Airbus were already assured of their top six spot. But despite there being relatively little to play for, this was a match of tremendous drama. Airbus UK Broughton led through Chris Budrys' header, before Port Talbot equalised through Chris Jones. Port Talbot keeper Steve Cann then saved an Airbus penalty just before half time, before Airbus took the lead in the 90th minute as Tony Gray beat Cann - only for Martin Rose to level for the home side in the seventh minute of added time.

Evo-Stik Northern Premier League Premier Division

Saturday, 16 January

Mickleover Sports P-P Colwyn Bay

Evo-Stik Southern Premier League Premier Division

Saturday, 16 January

Chesham United P-P Merthyr Town

Women's Welsh Premier League

Sunday, 17 January

Aberystwyth Town Ladies P-P Cyncoed Ladies,

Cardiff City FC Women 1-1 Cwmbran Celtic Ladies

Cardiff Metropolitan Ladies 6-2 PILCS Ladies

MBi Llandudno Ladies 11-0 Newcastle Emlyn Ladies

Swansea City Ladies 3-0 Rhyl & Prestatyn Ladies