Dagenham & Redbridge boss John Still says he is committed to helping re-establish the club, who are on the brink of relegation from League Two.
The Daggers are currently 11 points from safety with only five games of the campaign remaining.
"I knew when I came back there was a rebuilding job to do," the 65-year-old told BBC Radio London.
"It is my club and it is important to me that I try and do that. I am under no illusions."
Still returned for his third spell in charge of the east London side on 31 December, when the Daggers were 23rd in the table and in the relegation zone on goal difference.
He won his first game in charge against Exeter, but has only tasted victory twice more since then in 16 attempts in the league.
Following Tuesday's defeat at Luton, Dagenham could be relegated if they lose at Leyton Orient on Saturday, ending their nine-season stay in the Football League.
"I'll give it one more year and try and get them back to the type of performances and results that I think we can get," Still added.
"What is important is I get this club back to discovering young, hungry, ambitious players who want to forge a career and push this club on.
"The main reason I came back was because we had lost that."
Still has been promoted three times from the top tier of non-league football; with Maidstone United in 1989, Dagenham in 2007 and Luton in 2014.
He insists he is "not even looking at" the possibility of a fourth such promotion, but is keen to continue his personal approach to management.
"I have a way of doing things and it is never going to change," he said.
"Someone said to me the other day that I have had 13 promotions. Why would I change what I do?
"Sometimes things takes longer than you hope, but I have done it all my life."