Steve Bruce says he will take time to consider his future as Hull City manager after guiding the club into the Premier League on Saturday.
Hull beat Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 in the Championship play-off final.
BBC Radio Humberside reported earlier in May that talks had begun about a possible takeover of the club.
"I'll sit down with the owners. It's not often you walk away from the Premier League - that's where I want to manage," Bruce told BBC Radio 5 live.
"But I have to be given certain assurances that we're all moving in the right direction.
"I keep hearing too many stories that there's a takeover imminent. We'll see what develops," added the 55-year-old.
The club have been up for sale since 2014, after the Football Association turned down owner Assem Allam's request to a change of name to Hull Tigers.
- REPORT: Hull 1-0 Sheffield Wednesday
- RELIVE: Hull's promotion as it happened
- LISTEN: Bruce will take time over future
In his post-match media conference, Bruce revealed he considered resigning from the post he has held since 2012 following relegation from the top flight last season.
"I did offer, as ultimately I thought we'd failed and I knew how difficult a time it was going to be," said the former Manchester United captain.
"Thankfully, the owner didn't want me to go and I had a long, hard thought about it and thought 'can I repair the damage from relegation?'
"In that respect, I'm very, very pleased that was my decision."
Hull must 'invest wisely'
Mohamed Diame's spectacular second-half goal was enough for the Tigers to beat Wednesday at Wembley.
Hull will benefit from a lucrative new television deal, with promotion to the Premier League estimated to be worth at least £170m.
They will join Burnley and Middlesbrough in the top flight next season, as Bruce masterminded his fourth promotion to the Premier League.
"If we do things properly, then we can improve the club no end," said Bruce. "We've got to build the infrastructure for a club like ours and the size of it. Let's hope we can invest wisely.
"It's obviously my job to make sure we choose wisely to give ourselves a fighting chance."
Wednesday spirit will grow
Sheffield Wednesday head coach Carlos Carvalhal was objective in his assessment of his first season in charge of the club.
Refusing to be downcast about their defeat in the final, the Owls' Portuguese boss believes there will be more to come from his squad in 2016-17.
"We're a strong side, but we start our work in the months ahead to create a stronger side, month-by-month, year-by-year," he said.
"To say we'll be among the promotion candidates is not a good idea. It's going to be a very difficult task.
"At the moment, it's a feeling we'll start next season better than the last one, for sure."
Carvalhal, whose side have not played in the top tier of English football since 2000, continued: "We'll be stronger. If we do our job, then that will happen and we'll try to upgrade the team to be better and better.
"But the first achievement again must be about creating a fantastic environment with our fans. They buy a ticket and they enjoy what they're watching.
"With this, we know we'll be stronger and if we play good football, we can win more times."