Saturday's National League reports

Boreham Wood 1-1 Chester

Chester's Elliott Durrell salvaged a 1-1 draw at Boreham Wood with a late wonder strike.

Morgan Ferrier's fifth-minute effort looked like it would be enough for the hosts after the 24-year-old evaded Blaine Hudson to get in behind and tap the ball home.

After that the game became scrappy, with neither side creating many clear-cut chances, although Chester's Ryan Astles was forced into a goal-line clearance after 70 minutes to block a Matthew Paine drive.

Just when it looked like Chester boss Jon McCarthy was staring at a fourth defeat in his first five games, Durrell picked the ball up around halfway, spotted Grant Smith off his line and struck from distance to level things up with seven minutes remaining.

Braintree Town 2-0 Aldershot Town

Braintree secured their first win of the season in the National League with a 2-0 victory over Aldershot.

The visitors flew out of the blocks and could have taken the lead early on as Bernard Mensah combined well with Nick Arnold, who fired just over.

But Jake Goodman headed Braintree into the lead against the run of play after eight minutes.

Simeon Akinola put the result beyond doubt in the 76th minute, sweeping the ball into the top corner after a searing counter-attack down the right.

Braintree have now picked up their first win after two draws and as many defeats in their first four games.

Bromley 3-2 Gateshead

Bromley stunned high-flying Gateshead to secure their first National League win of the season with a 3-2 victory at Hayes Lane.

James Bolton's first goal for Gateshead looked like setting up a routine afternoon for the Heed after five minutes, but that lead lasted only a minute as Tobi Sho-Silva struck a quickfire equaliser with a drilled shot from 20 yards.

The former Charlton forward added his second with a cool finish from close range after 11 minutes, before Joe Anderson made it 3-1 to the hosts with an opportunist strike nine minutes before the interval.

Tempers frayed as the second half wore on, with both sides going down to 10 men as Manny Smith and Sho-Silva saw red for second yellow cards.

Danny Johnson pulled one back for Gateshead from the spot with 10 minutes remaining, but it was too late to affect the outcome.

Dover Athletic 3-1 Barrow

Dover made it three wins on the bounce in the National League with a comfortable 3-1 triumph over Barrow.

Moses Emmanuel got the breakthrough for Dover on the half-hour mark, smashing home after Aswad Thomas' fluffed effort on goal fell kindly for the former Bromley forward.

Ross Lafayette made it 2-0 after 56 minutes, smartly lifting the ball over Joel Dixon, and Sam Magri's header made it 3-0 with eight minutes left.

Barrow substitute Ross Hannah scored a consolation penalty in the 89th minute. Paul Cox's side had shown signs of growing into the game early on in the second half, but their two-match unbeaten run is now over at the expense of Dover's impressive winning streak.

Forest Green Rovers 2-1 York City

Matt Tubbs chipped in a last-gasp penalty as Forest Green won 2-1 against a York side whose captain, Simon Heslop, saw red.

Heslop was sent off for two fouls in quick succession, leaving his team-mates to cling on for the last 17 minutes of the National League game.

By that stage, Richard Brodie's early goal for York had been matched by Forest Green's Rhys Murphy, and the hosts had the final say in the fifth minute of stoppage time.

Four days after the Minstermen suffered a 6-1 mauling at Gateshead, Jackie McNamara's side went ahead at the New Lawn.

Striker Brodie cracked a fine shot into the top of Sam Russell's net for the 20th-minute opener and he went close again three minutes later.

But Forest Green levelled when Murphy tucked away a cross from Ben Jefford in the 40th minute and the home side's Mohamed Chemlal cracked the ball against the York woodwork before the break.

York were in trouble when Heslop was ordered off, with Chemlal on the wrong end of each challenge.

Tubbs went close for Forest Green and at the other end Yan Klukowski was thwarted near the death by Russell.

With time almost up, Aarran Racine was brought down late on in the penalty area and Tubbs made no mistake from 12 yards.

Lincoln City 4-0 Southport

Four goals from Jonny Margetts helped Lincoln get back to winning ways with a thumping 4-0 triumph over 10-man Southport at Sincil Bank.

The former Hull and Tranmere forward opened the scoring in the 16th minute with a header from Terry Hawkridge's free-kick before Adam Marriott put him through again on the half-hour mark and he made no mistake.

Southport's frustrations boiled over when former Lincoln midfielder Ashley Grimes saw a straight red for kicking out at Alex Woodyard after 35 minutes.

Margetts then added to Southport's woes by completing his hat-trick in first-half stoppage-time with a neat turn and finish, and then adding his fourth with a penalty in the 79th minute after Harry Anderson was felled.

In between, Southport keeper Ty Belford redeemed himself after tripping Margetts by saving Hawkridge's spot-kick.

North Ferriby United 1-0 Torquay United

North Ferriby continued to settle superbly into National League life as they beat Torquay 1-0 at Grange Lane.

The crucial moment came with 20 minutes remaining as Danny Clarke got on the end of a quick passing move and shot under Brendan Moore from 12 yards.

The Villagers put the south-coast club under pressure from the outset, while Danny Emerton caused concern with his corners - one was nearly headed home by Clarke and another almost went straight in.

In the second half, Brett Williams pounced on a poor back-pass for Torquay but home goalkeeper Rory Watson closed down his angle superbly.

Luke Young's late free-kick struck a post for the Gulls, who went home pointless.

Solihull Moors 3-2 Guiseley

Solihull super-sub Harry White scored a dramatic late winner in a 3-2 win at home to Guiseley.

The decisive goal came when Liam Daly's long ball forward was nodded down by Andy Brown and White fired home to secure the three points in the 84th minute.

The Moors had led early on when Brown bundled the ball home. Will Hatfield scored a spectacular equaliser as half-time loomed, the ball going in off the underside of the crossbar.

Three goals lit up the final 15 minutes. Adam Boyes put Guiseley in front as he latched on to a long punt upfield, but the hosts levelled shortly afterwards when Brown headed home his second. White's late intervention then sent the Damson Park faithful into raptures.

Sutton United 2-0 Macclesfield Town

National League newcomers Sutton made it three wins in a row with a 2-0 victory at home to Macclesfield.

Paul Doswell's men unlocked the Silkmen in the first half. Ross Stearn pounced from close range after goalkeeper Craig Ross could only parry an earlier effort.

Frenchman Bedsente Gomis made it two, rounding off an intricate passing move. The U's were very much on top, and Nicky Bailey also rattled the visitors' crossbar on the stroke of half-time.

After the break, Dean Beckwith again headed against the woodwork as the Gander Green Lane club continued to dominate. And when Andy Halls was given a straight red card for a nasty foul, Macclesfield's race was run.

Tranmere Rovers 2-1 Maidstone United

Tranmere won their fifth National League fixture to start the season, this time 2-1 at home to Maidstone.

Last season's 24-goal man, Andy Cook, put the hosts ahead with his second of this campaign after battling past two defenders on the left and slamming home.

Though the score was close, Tranmere in truth should have won by more. James Norwood headed Steven Jennings' corner against the post and Cook was denied by a clearance off the line.

Alex Flisher levelled midway through the second half, squeezing the ball under Scott Davies.

However Steve McNulty bundled home a deserved winner 10 minutes from time, as another Jennings corner caused trouble in the Maidstone box.

Woking 1-3 Dagenham and Redbridge

Dagenham and Redbridge notched a fourth win in their first five National League games, comfortably seeing off Woking 3-1 at the Kingfield Stadium.

The promotion hopefuls were out of the traps early as Craig Robson headed in an excellent Luke Guttridge corner after 11 minutes.

Jordan Maguire-Drew made it 2-0 with a fine individual goal, dribbling into the box and curling past Michael Poke.

Fejiri Okenabirhie increased the lead from the penalty spot before half-time, scoring on the rebound after Poke had saved his initial effort.

Anthony Edgar pulled one back for the Cardinals in the second half, but it was to be the first time since 2010 that the Daggers had won three league games in a row.

Wrexham 0-0 Eastleigh

Eastleigh earned a point in new manager Ronnie Moore's first game in charge after taking over from Chris Todd.

Wrexham had the best of the first half, but could not break down a stubborn Spitfires defence.

Eastleigh goalkeeper Ross Flitney saved at John Rooney's feet and substitute Callum Powell saw his curling shot go just wide.

The game petered out after the break, with an injury to defender Curtis Tilt a concern for Wrexham boss Gary Mills.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.

Top Stories