Monday's National League reports

Boreham Wood 0-1 Maidstone United

Kevin Lokko consigned Boreham Wood to a painful home defeat with a stoppage-time winner for Maidstone at Meadow Park.

The two sides had sparred for the whole match until the defender advanced to bring Stones manager Jay Saunders a gleeful moment in his 300th match in charge.

In a fascinating tussle, Ben Greenhalgh nearly scored an outrageous second-minute opener for the visitors when he bent in a cross that hit the upright.

And Tom Murphy fired a shot over as the away side threatened.

But Kenny Davis could have made it a very different day for the Wood when he nodded an effort against the crossbar.

Braintree Town 1-3 Torquay United

Braintree's concerning start to the season continued with defeat at home to Torquay.

The Gulls led midway through the first half when Dan Sparkes teed up Jamie Reid, who curled a shot past Jamie Butler.

Craig Braham-Barrett got the Cressing Road club back on terms with a fine header in the 32nd minute.

Giancarlo Gallifuoco restored the away side's advantage three minutes later, pouncing after goalkeeper Butler failed to gather a cross.

Braintree, who have won just once in the league this season, tested Torquay with some direct balls.

But Kevin Nicholson's men held on and made sure of the points in the second half when Luke Young netted after a solo run.

Bromley 0-5 Eastleigh

Mikael Mandron's hat-trick helped to overwhelm 10-man Bromley at Hayes Lane as Eastleigh eased to victory.

The French striker put away a loose ball after just five minutes, and made it two when Ryan Cresswell miscued a shot into his path.

Fortunes nosedived further for Neil Smith's men when midfielder Connor Dymond was dismissed for a high tackle on Jason Taylor.

It was no surprise that Eastleigh pushed on in the second half, and defender Jake Howells added a third.

Mandron completed his treble with 25 minutes still remaining, following a one-two with Andy Drury.

And James Constable swerved in a cross for Adam Dawson to add a fifth on 71 minutes.

Dover Athletic 1-2 Aldershot Town

Aldershot made their way into the top five of the National League with an excellent win at Dover.

Shamir Fenelon broke the deadlock for the Shots midway through the first half with a crisp finish past Steve Arnold.

Liam Bellamy made it 2-0 four minutes before the break, cushioning a neat header back across the sprawling keeper.

Ross Lafayette still had time in first-half stoppage-time to pull one back with a sweetly struck 25-yard free-kick.

In a high-tempo second period, Aldershot had to work hard to hold on, but Matt McClure was unlucky not to extend the winning margin when he headed an effort against the underside of the bar.

Forest Green Rovers 5-1 Southport

Forest Green racked up a fifth straight win with a convincing victory at home against struggling Southport.

Kieffer Moore gave the hosts the perfect start by heading in Liam Noble's free-kick. After Mohamed Chemlal doubled the lead inside 10 minutes, Moore slammed a shot against the post as Andy Bishop's men were run ragged.

The player-manager offered a brief riposte himself, reducing Southport's arrears five minutes after the break by turning in a cross. And minutes later he forced Sam Russell into a good save with a low shot.

But Charlie Clough put matters beyond doubt when he headed in Noble's corner, and Moore and substitute Rhys Murphy added further gloss to the victory late on.

Lincoln City 3-0 Gateshead

Sean Raggett scored his first Lincoln goal as they beat Gateshead to record a third successive National League win.

Defender Raggett, who arrived from Dover during the summer, headed home Alex Woodyard's left-wing cross as the Imps raced into a sixth-minute lead at Sincil Bank.

City goalkeeper Paul Farman denied Ryan Bowman from point-blank range to preserve the advantage.

Nathan Arnold doubled the lead, finishing neatly past keeper Sam Johnson after being played through on goal by Woodyard five minutes into the second period.

Striker Adam Marriott blasted home left-footed to seal a convincing victory seven minutes from time, leaving Gateshead without a win in three.

North Ferriby United 0-1 Barrow

Richie Bennett stepped off the bench to fire a stoppage-time winner as Barrow beat North Ferriby for their first league success on the road this season.

Bennett, a 62nd-minute replacement for Ross Hannah, hit the crossbar in the closing stages before grabbing the decisive goal in time added on.

Neither side created a clear-cut goalscoring chance in a goalless first half.

Barrow's appeals for a penalty when Hannah collided with home goalkeeper Rory Watson were waved away, while North Ferriby striker Curtis Bateson flashed a shot-come-cross just wide.

Both sides went in search of the opening goal in the second period and Ferriby striker Ryan Kendall forced Barrow goalkeeper Joel Dixon into a good block in the 51st minute before team-mate Ben Middleton dragged a shot wide.

Bennett went closest to breaking the deadlock when he headed Jordan Williams' throw-in against the crossbar with five minutes left and then the substitute snatched a last-gasp victory, converting from inside the box.

Solihull Moors 2-3 Macclesfield Town

Ollie Norburn's last-gasp goal saw Macclesfield end Solihull's unbeaten home run with a thrilling victory which featured three penalties in the space of seven minutes.

Shep Murombedzi's 25-yard deflected effort put the hosts into the lead midway through the opening half, but the goalscorer then brought down Danny Rowe in the box and Kingsley James converted from the spot.

Solihull were then handed a spot-kick of their own on the stroke of half-time when the visitors were penalised for tugging, and Akwasi Asante slotted home from 12 yards.

James took his goal tally for the season to four with his second penalty three minutes after half-time.

He was tripped in the box by Jamie Osborne but picked himself up to level the scores before Norburn won it at the death.

Sutton United 1-0 Dagenham & Redbridge

Dagenham & Redbridge's four-match winning run in the National League came to an end with defeat at Sutton.

Bradley Hudson-Odoi netted the winner in the 11th minute, converting Ross Stearn's cross.

Jordan Maguire-Drew went close to an equaliser for the Daggers when his effort was cleared off the line by Jamie Collins, and Ross Worner produced a fine save to deny Oliver Hawkins.

Both sides were reduced to 10 men late on with substitute Luke Guttridge going off injured after Dagenham had made all three changes, before Simon Downer was sent off for serious foul play for the hosts.

Woking 3-1 Chester FC

Woking saw off Chester to secure their first National League win of the season.

Chester's Ryan Lloyd cancelled out Kieran Murtagh's first-half opener, but Joey Jones gave Woking an interval lead and Chigozie Ugwu added a third in the second half.

Visiting goalkeeper Jon Worsnop was forced to push Woking right-back Jake Caprice's dangerous low cross on to the post in the ninth minute before Murtagh fired the home side ahead with a 25-yard drive into the bottom corner.

The visitors were back on level terms within eight minutes when midfielder Lloyd glanced home Johnny Hunt's cross, but Woking went in at the break 2-1 ahead as Max Kretzschmar's ball was headed in by Jones in the 28th minute.

Worsnop parried Kretzschmar's header and Woking substitute Zak Ansah fired into the side netting before the Cards went 3-1 ahead in the 75th minute through Ugwu's powerful drive.

Wrexham 2-1 York City

Captain Sean Newton headed Wrexham to victory over visitors York City in the National League.

John Rooney's early penalty for the hosts was cancelled out by Richard Brodie before the break.

Newton rose to meet Rooney's corner to reclaim the lead midway through the second half.

It was the first time Wrexham manager Gary Mills had faced former club York, who sacked him three-and-a-half years ago.

Mills guided York to promotion into League Two and won the FA Trophy in 2012, but was dismissed 10 months later.

Tranmere Rovers 1-0 Guiseley

Tranmere moved to the top of the National League with a routine victory over managerless Guiseley.

Daniel Atkinson twice thwarted Andy Cook in a dominant first half for Rovers, first saving his bullet header before fumbling his long-range drive.

James Norwood finally ended their resistance, evading the offside trap to fire home his fifth goal of the season.

Guiseley's Javan Vidal had a rare effort on target but they remain bottom after six consecutive defeats.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.

Top Stories