Plymouth Argyle 0-3 Blackpool
Clinical Blackpool eased to a League Two win over second-placed Plymouth at rain-swept Home Park.
Seasiders striker Mark Cullen got the ball rolling when he turned Brad Potts' deflected angled shot from outside the box into the far corner out of the reach of diving keeper Luke McCormick.
Three minutes later Potts made it 2-0 when he swept home a Colin Daniel cross as the Tangerines pressed home their advantage.
Argyle's misery was compounded in the 63rd minute as Jordan Flores was first to a loose ball in the penalty area and hammered home from 15 yards.
It could have been worse for jaded Plymouth as Yann Songo'o was forced to clear Nathan Delfouneso's 61st-minute cross-cum-shot off the goal-line under pressure.
Plymouth's opportunities were limited to an eighth-minute Matty Kennedy shot, which curled just outside the post and long-range efforts which rarely troubled Blackpool keeper Dean Lyness.
Blackpool's win lifts them to 10th in the table, four points from the play-off places.
Argyle remain second, six points ahead of third-placed south coast rivals Portsmouth.
Match report supplied by the Press Association
- 18ThrelkeldBooked at 52mins
- 4Songo'oSubstituted forSlewat 76'minutes
- 14JervisSubstituted forTannerat 45'minutes
- 16KennedySubstituted forSpencerat 45'minutesBooked at 75mins
- 15AldredBooked at 32mins
- 12FloresSubstituted forBlackat 76'minutes
- 23DanielBooked at 53minsSubstituted forOsayi-Samuelat 71'minutes
- 9CullenSubstituted forMattat 79'minutes
- John Busby
- Shots on Target