Scottish League One: Livingston go 11 points clear as second-placed Alloa falter

Danny Mullen
Danny Mullen's double helped Livingston stretch their lead at the top of League One

Danny Mullen scored twice as Livingston extended their lead at the top of Scottish League One to 11 points with a 4-2 win over Airdrieonians.

Title rivals Alloa Athletic dropped points in their pursuit of the leaders, drawing 2-2 with Queen's Park.

Brechin City beat East Fife 2-1 to leapfrog their opponents into third.

Meanwhile, Albion Rovers moved out of the relegation play-off spot with a 3-0 win over bottom club Stenhousemuir and Peterhead drew 2-2 with Stranraer.

Striker Mullen opened the scoring with eight minutes played at Almondvale before Declan Gallagher stabbed home a rebound to double the lead two minutes later.

Ryan Conroy's curling free-kick halved the deficit before the break, only for Mullen's second goal and a strike from substitute Nicky Cadden to put the result beyond doubt.

Andy Ryan netted a stoppage-time consolation for the visitors from the penalty spot.

Second-placed Alloa faltered at home to Queen's Park as Ewan MacPherson's stoppage-time equaliser denied the Wasps victory.

Goals from midfielder Iain Flannigan and defender Scot Taggart twice put Jim Goodwin's side ahead, either side of David Galt's leveller, before MacPherson's header.

Andy Jackson's late winner earned Brechin a crucial victory over East Fife at Glebe Park as their promotion bid continues.

Luke Watt's first-half goal put City on course for victory, only for Chris Duggan to equalise from the penalty spot early in the second period.

The hosts were not to be denied victory, though, and top scorer Jackson claimed the decisive goal in the first minute of added time.

Ross Stewart's quickfire brace moved Albion Rovers out of the bottom two as they eased aside Stenhousemuir.

The striker broke the deadlock in the 58th minute before ensuring his side's first victory in nine league games five minutes later. Scott McBride added a third late on.

Peterhead dropped to ninth despite rescuing a point with a late equaliser in the 2-2 draw with Stranraer.

Rory McAllister's 14th league goal of the season put the Blue Toon ahead, but Craig Malcolm and Scott Robertson turned the game around only for James Redman to salvage a draw in the second minute of injury time.

Stranraer remain above Peterhead, who drop a point behind Albion Rovers.

Top Stories