Antoine Griezmann: Man Utd cool interest as forward suggests he will stay in Madrid
Atletico Madrid striker Antoine Griezmann has suggested he is staying with the club despite reported interest from some of Europe's top sides.
The France international, 26, posted a message on social media reading: "Now more than ever! #atleti #alltogether."
It came just hours after a transfer ban on the club was upheld - meaning they could not replace him if he left.
Earlier on Thursday it emerged Manchester United had cooled their interest in signing the player.
As Atletico cannot buy players until January, it is anticipated they will offer Griezmann a new contract.
United were keen on the forward and were considering whether to trigger his 100m euro (£87m) escape clause.
However, a source close to United said Griezmann was no longer a priority.
It is understood the long-term injury to Zlatan Ibrahimovic has forced the club to change their priorities, with doubts over the Swede's future beyond the expiry of his contract on 30 June.
No decision has yet been made over an extension but, given he is unlikely to play until January, the odds are against him being offered a new deal.
United are now thought to be targeting a main striker rather than a number 10, believing they already have enough players to fill that role.
After his side beat Ajax to win the Europa League last week, manager Jose Mourinho said executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has had his targets "for more than two months".
If Griezmann is not coming to Old Trafford, who are United going to get instead?
Everton's Romelu Lukaku is an obvious one, a battering ram of a striker in the Didier Drogba mould. And United have also been linked with Torino's Andrea Belotti - who has a release contract of £87m - and Real Madrid's Alvaro Morata.
No-one from the club is saying it, but by targeting a replacement for Ibrahimovic, United appear to be indicating the Swede has no future at Old Trafford once his contract expires on 30 June.