Women's Scottish Cup: Hibs and Hearts both win 11-0 in second round

Raith Rovers against Forfar Farmington
Forfar Farmington beat Raith Rovers 5-2 in Kirkcaldy

Holders Hibernian thumped Motherwell 11-0 to seal their place in the third round of the Scottish Cup.

And they were joined by their Edinburgh rivals Hearts who also put 11 goals past Tayside.

Last season's beaten finalists Glasgow City saw off Spartans 5-0 while Celtic were 6-0 winners over East Fife.

Rangers squeezed past Aberdeen in extra-time despite having goalkeeper Joanna Viollaz sent off five minutes from the end of the 90 minutes.

Hamilton beat Kilmarnock and Stirling University defeated Edinburgh University Hutchison Vale in the other games involving SWPL 1 sides.

Elsewhere, Granite City won 2-0 on penalties against Edinburgh Caledonia after an exhilarating 4-4 draw between the pair.

Glasgow Girls, Renfrew Ladies, Cumbernauld Colts, Queen's Park, Jeanfield Swifts, Buchan and Blackburn United also won.

SWPL 2 runaway leaders Forfar Farmington completed the last 16 line-up after a 5-2 win away to Raith Rovers.

Mark Nisbet's side arrived in Kirkcaldy buoyed by a 10-game unbeaten run in the league which has them nine points clear of nearest rivals Motherwell and Glasgow Girls.

It was easy to see why Forfar have been so dominant this season. Strong and pacy, they will be a match for any of the top-flight sides in the competition.

The home side, two divisions below Forfar, put up brave resistance until the 18th minute when Julia Scott was allowed a free run down the right hand side and finished beyond stand-in goalkeeper Michaela McLachlan.

Danni McGinely was inches away from adding a second when she failed to connect with Kayleigh Noble's swinging cross to the back post, then Scott's free-kick was brilliantly tipped over by McLachlan.

However, on 35 minutes Kayleigh Brough was given too much space at the edge of the box to pick her spot in the bottom right hand corner with a deftly struck shot.

McLachlan denied McGinley again with a fine save low down, and Gemma Collier was unlucky when the ball bounced off her shin a yard from goal.

The third did arrive before half-time; McGinley finally finding the goal her performance deserved with a close-range finish.

Raith Rovers goalkeeper Michaela McLachlan
Raith Rovers goalkeeper Michaela McLachlan tips wide under pressure

Raith refused to fold though, and they fired an early second-half warning when Leanne Philp raced clear of the defence, but could not find the power to trouble goalkeeper Fiona McNicoll.

Five minutes later though and they pulled one back; a long ball finding Kerri Dinnel who saw the goalkeeper off her line and cracked a laser over her head and into the net.

Within two minutes though Forfar restored their two-goal lead when Brough added her second from long range.

And in 58 minutes Scott cut inside from the right onto her left foot and found the far corner to make it five.

The result was not in doubt, but that did not stop both teams going for it.

Raith's Tiegan Clark's forced a fine save from Dinnel's lay-off, and at the other end Sophie Young hit the bar.

And then the home side found a second goal when Scott was penalised for a handball in the box, and despite the goalkeeper guessing correctly Clark stroked home the penalty.

Brough had a shot blocked on the line by Raith's Alicia Paterson, and McLachlan tipped over Ellie Cook's shot, but Forfar had done enough to reach the third round.

Forfar Farmington head coach Mark Nisbet: "I'm obviously happy to score the five goals. We probably should have got another couple there.

"The more annoying thing for me is conceding goals and I thought they were a bit soft. At times defensively we were not as good as we've been in previous games.

"It doesn't bother me who we get in the next round. Whether it's a lower division team or it's someone from premier league one, I'm quite happy. It would probably be quite a good thing for us at this time just to see where we are against one of the top teams, so a draw against one of them would be fine."

Raith Rovers head coach John Fettes: "I couldn't be prouder of the players today. They were outstanding, each and every one of them. They are all a credit to themselves, their parents and to the club.

"Special mention to centre backs Alicia (Paterson) and Sophie (Aitken) who I thought had an outstanding game, but every single player was awesome today."


Glasgow City's Jo Love (right)
Jo Love (right) was on the scoresheet for Glasgow City

Bayside 0-3 Queen's Park

Blackburn United 1 v 2 Boroughmuir Thistle

Buchan 6-0 Inverness City

Cumbernauld Colts 3-1 Falkirk

Deveronvale 1-7 Renfrew

East Fife 0-6 Celtic

Edinburgh Caledonian 4-4 Granite City (Granite City won 2-0 on penalties)

Edinburgh University Hutchison Vale 0-4 Stirling University

Glasgow Girls 8-0 Bishopton

Hearts 11-0 Tayside

Jeanfield Swifts 3-0 Westerlands

Kilmarnock 1-4 Hamilton Academical

Motherwell 0-11 Hibernian

Raith Rovers 2-5 Forfar Farmington

Rangers 2-1 Aberdeen (after extra-time)

Spartans 0-5 Glasgow City

Top Stories