Confederations Cup: Ronaldo helps Portugal into semi-final as hosts Russia out
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a penalty as Portugal beat New Zealand 4-0 to seal their semi-final place at the Confederations Cup.
Ronaldo's 33rd-minute goal was followed by strikes from Manchester City-bound Bernardo Silva, Andre Silva and Nani.
Mexico also progressed to the semi-finals as they knocked hosts Russia out of the tournament with a 2-1 victory.
Portugal ensured top spot in Group A as New Zealand finished bottom after a third straight defeat.
However, defender Pepe will miss Portugal's semi-final after picking up his second yellow card of the tournament.
And there will be fitness concerns over Bernardo Silva, who was substituted at half-time because of an ankle injury.
In the other group, Chile and Germany will both progress to the last four if they avoid defeat on Sunday.
Chile face Australia and Germany play Cameroon on Sunday to determine the final standings in Group B.
|Confederations Cup semi-final fixtures|
|Portugal v Group B second place (Wed 28 June 19:00 BST)|
|Group B winner v Mexico (Thurs 29 June 19:00 BST)|
|Full fixtures and results|
- Portugal, Euro 2016 winners
- Mexico, 2015 Concacaf Cup winners
- New Zealand, 2016 OFC Nations Cup winners
- Russia, qualify as 2018 World Cup hosts
- Cameroon, 2017 Africa Cup of Nations winners
- Chile, 2015 Copa America winners
- Australia, 2015 Asian Cup winners
- Germany, 2014 World Cup winners