This entry is now closed for comments.
Have followed non league football for 18 years as a committee man for 15 of them health made me stop. Was the proper game with proper players playing for a genuine wage. Not like the premier over paid and under performers
298. Posted by CANTONA IS GODim good thanks! how are you?
I signed up to BskyB back in the early 90's and watched the 'beautiful' game progress both on screen and on the terraces. However, 4 years ago I cancelled my subscription(s) and stopped going to premier league games as it no longer felt like my (an ordinary working man) game. I now go to watch real people playing real football at real times for real money. Much better ta.
@302And Utd qualified for the CL in 99 after arsenal won the title in the qualifying year, does that make it any more insignificant to Utd follower's, no of course not, if a club qualifies they're entitled to be in it.
They're now pretending the CL is less prestigious than the Prem, based purely on them only winning it twice after entering it almost every year, SAF has stated publicly that he desperately wanted to win more European titles, but time caught up with the old feller.
295. 1954 Shenanigans - oh well done, you got there...in the end, and as a bonus managed to post without it being moderated, well done you!
275. Sharpshooter78 A little bit hypocritical, Man Utd fans are always going on about 20 timesNowhere near as much and mainly in response to "5 times"Not jealous at all. I'd rather Utd win the title. The title is more prestigious as it is a mnarathan rather than a sprintLiverpool won the CL whilst finishing an embarrassing amount of points behind the league champs that year
Super sunday takes a break for the international weekends. Why not for christmas eve as well. Surely sky have got some compassion or are they bankrupt of any thought for the travelling supporters
@296, they spend their every waking hour telling themselves their history is sacrosanct and ours doesn't count.They're hilarious and good entertainment mate.
295, 10 minutes....tick tock.Are you on the starship enterprise and can beam yourself down to Old Trafford?Oh, you're a plastic coated version of a Utd fan!
@287Hello sandwich are you ok mate
If sky had any decency they would keep ALL fixtures saturday and leave christmas eve alone. With sky keeping its lunchtime slot and bt keeping the evening slot. Failing that a half empty stadium has a bigger impact. The fans have got to protest more. Those games that are chosen should be boycotted by the respective fans. Make a statement to sky and the pl
@293 wolf359 :-That's a bad shout that mate, please try harder. I bet you were all made up with yourself for that post. Sad.
292. DudeksGlovesAblett, Beardsley, Xavier, Barmby off the top of my head. Last United/Liverpool switch? 1964 So United to Liverpool isn't a good comparison at all nor is City to United or vice versa. In fact it's probably more pertin4ent to say Lukaku had zero desire to make a sideways move.
Unfortunately, if you accept the Sky money, you have to play by their rules. I find it appalling that they are considering imposing this match on Christmas eve, but they have to recoup their billions, whatever the clubs, and to a much lesser extent, the fans, thinkIt was equally ridiculous that Arsenal played on Monday before travelling to play Bate Borisov (I'm not an Arsenal fan by the way!)
I see Liverpool fans have sold their 'In Rafa we trust' scarves to Newcastle fans.
284. 1954 Shenanigans - just to help you understand, Everton selling a player to Liverpool would be like Middlesbrough selling to Sunderland...get it? The lesser local team selling to the bigger team. Another good comparison would be utd selling to Manchester City or even to Liverpool...even you should be able to understand now.
The only way Sky will stop this madness is hit them where it hurts, don't attend the match and don't pay to watch it on TV.Sadly, it'll still be a full stadium and people will still watch it, complaining only goes so far as them mugs on AFTV should know, they moan and moan and moan yet still there every game home and away wondering why nothing ever changes. People paying for misery.
We're having some problems displaying the comments at the moment. Sorry. We're doing our best to fix it.
You must sign in to rate comments