Welsh Premier League & non-league round up


JD Welsh Premier League

Thursday, 1 February

Connahs Quay Nomads 1-1 Bala Town: The Nomads and Bala kicked off Phase Two of their campaign with a 1-1 draw at the Deeside Stadium. Nomads' Michael Bakare put the hosts in front after 23 minutes but Bala pegged them back on the hour through Lewis Short.

Referee Kevin Parry was forced into booking several players late-on as the game heated up but neither team could find the decisive goal.

Friday, 2 February

Cefn Druids 2-2 The New Saints: Welsh Premier League leaders New Saints had to settle for a point at Cefn Druids in their opening game of phase two.

Connell Rawlinson's header from a free kick gave Saints a seventh minute lead before Alec Mudimu's stunning strike brought Druids level.

In a frenetic end to the first half Rawlinson restored the visitors' lead only for Arek Piskorski to equalise.

Huw Griffiths' Cefn Druids secured their top-six finish of phase one in January.

Champions TNS ended Phase One with 12 wins in 14 games.

Saturday, 3 February

Bangor City 3-0 Cardiff Metropolitan: Bangor earned a first win of the season against Cardiff Met and did so in surprisingly easy fashion. Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Anthony Miley and Dean Rittenburg were all on target for the hosts. Met have now won only two of their last 10.

Newtown AFC 3-4 Llandudno FC: The thriller of the weekend was undoubtedly at Latham Park where the visitors won by the odd goal in seven. Nick Ashton scored twice, Kieran Mills-Evans found the net and Neil Mitchell scored what proved to be an injury time winner. In reply, Robbie Parry, Danny Shaw and Toby Jones scored for the hosts.

Barry Town United 3-1 Aberystwyth Town: Aber's unbeaten run came to an end as the hosts proved far too strong thanks to goals from Jonathan Hood, Jordan Cotterill and Kayne McLaggon. Declan Walker did earn a late consolation goal.

Carmarthen Town 3-1 Prestatyn Town: The hosts were victorious in the battle of the basement boys as Prestatyn endured a tough start to life without manager Neil Gibson. They took the lead through Michael Parker's goal but a Mark Jones double saw them trail before Luke Bowen made the result secure.

Evo-Stik Southern Premier League

Saturday, 3 February

Merthyr Town 0-3 Weymouth

Evo-Stik Northern Premier League Division One North

Saturday, 3 February

Mossley 2-0 Colwyn Bay

Top Stories