Michael Doughty's chipped penalty was enough to give Swindon a 1-0 win over Newport in the Checkatrade Trophy.
Swindon Town were without Lawrence Vigouroux after the goalkeeper was called up by Chile.
The uncapped English-born 24-year-old was a surprise selection for friendlies against Japan and South Korea.
An earthquake saw Chile's game with Japan in Sapporo on Friday cancelled, but Vigouroux could still win his first cap against South Korea in Seoul.
Vigouroux got the call from Chile coach Reinaldo Rueda as captain Claudio Bravo is out of action because of the ruptured Achilles he suffered while training with Manchester City earlier this month,
"He [Vigouroux] is a 24-year-old youngster of great potential," Rueda said.
"I want to see him up close to evaluate him."
- 10AndersonSubstituted forTwineat 71'minutesBooked at 90mins
- 14IandoloSubstituted forDoughtyat 72'minutes
- 17AdebayoSubstituted forAlzateat 79'minutes
- 25O'BrienBooked at 66mins
- 7WillmottSubstituted forBakinsonat 69'minutes
- 11MattSubstituted forSheehanat 69'minutes
- Antony Coggins
- Shots on Target