Welsh Premier League & non-league round-up


JD Welsh Premier League

Friday, 30 November

Aberystwyth Town 1-1 Carmarthen Town: Aberystwyth's winning run came to an end but they are now unbeaten in seven games after being held at home by Carmarthen. Declan Walker's eleventh minute header had given Aber the lead but Liam Thomas' penalty 10 minutes after the break was enough to give the visitors a share of the points. Aberystwyth are fifth while Carmarthen are 10th.

Cefn Druids 2-2 Bala Town: Druids came from behind to secure a point at home to Bala. Mike Hayes and Henry Jones put Bala two up inside twenty minutes. James Davies pulled a goal back 10 minutes into the second half before former Bala player Jordan Evans equalised with six minutes remaining. The result means Bala remain fourth, three points off the top while Druids are eighth and seven points clear of the relegation zone.

Saturday, 1 December

Barry Town 4-1 Newtown: Newtown's five match unbeaten run came to an abrupt end at Barry. Macauley Southam-Hales broke the deadlock for the home side just after the break, with Drew Fahiya's close range effort doubling the lead shortly afterwards. Steve Leslie got one back for Newtown following a scramble in the box, but goals from Luke Cooper and Jordan Cotterill put the result beyond doubt.

Connah's Quay Nomads 3-0 Llandudno: Nomads remain top of the table with a convincing win over Llandudno, who have now gone 10 games without a victory. Ryan Wignall's low effort from close range put Nomads ahead at the break, while Andy Owens' half volley doubled their lead just after the hour mark. Callum Morris added his name to the score sheet in the final few minutes, slotting home a penalty for a hand ball.

Llanelli Town 2-2 Caernarfon Town: All the action came in the last 20 minutes between the league's newly promoted sides. Nathan Craig put the visitors ahead after they had gone down to 10 men, before Kurtis Marsh equalised. Chris James appeared to have won it for Llanelli, before Jamie Breese salvaged a point with two minutes remaining.

The New Saints 1-1 Cardiff Met: Both sides returned to league action after contrasting fortunes in their Nathaniel MG Cup semi-finals last weekend - Saints were knocked out while Met are through to the final. Adam Roscrow put the students ahead from the penalty spot in the second half, but they soon found themselves down to the 10 men after Emlyn Lewis received a second yellow card. Saints piled on the pressure and were rewarded with a late equaliser courtesy of a Dean Ebbe header.

Evo-Stik South Premier Division South

Saturday, 1 December: Hendon 3-0 Merthyr Town

Evo-Stik Northern Premier League West Division

Saturday, 1 December: Colwyn Bay 2-1 Glossop North End

Welsh Premier Womens League Cup quarter-finals

Llandudno 2-3 Rhyl

Port Talbot Town 1-2 Swansea City

Cyncoed 0-5 Cardiff Met

Abergavenny 1-2 Cardiff City

Top Stories