Match ends, Portsmouth 0, Lincoln City 1.
Morgan Rogers scored his first Lincoln goal as the Imps beat 10-man Portsmouth to return to the top of League One.
Rodgers turned in a Conor McGrandles cross 11 minutes from time to earn Lincoln manager Michael Appleton all three points on his return to Fratton Park.
Jack Whatmough scored two own goals as Pompey were hammered at home by Hull on Saturday and the defender's nightmare week continued as he was sent off after just 28 minutes.
Centre-back Whatmough was shown a straight red card for a late tackle on Jorge Grant to leave Pompey facing a tough task to get anything from the game.
Tom Hopper came close to giving Lincoln the lead two minutes before half-time when he headed against the crossbar.
Grant and Liam Bridcutt also tested Pompey goalkeeper Craig MacGillivray before Manchester City loanee Rogers finally broke the deadlock.
The closest Pompey came to an equaliser was when Republic of Ireland winger Ronan Curtis saw his effort from debutant Charlie Daniels' cross blocked.
Report supplied by PA Media
- 6WhatmoughBooked at 29mins
- 20RaggettBooked at 22mins
- 3BrownSubstituted forByersat 81'minutes
- 19HarnessBooked at 16minsSubstituted forNicolaisenat 45'minutes
- 14CannonSubstituted forDanielsat 81'minutes
- 7WilliamsSubstituted forJacobsat 76'minutes
- 9MarquisSubstituted forHarrisonat 70'minutes
- 5JacksonBooked at 88mins
- 7EdunBooked at 32minsSubstituted forMelbourneat 86'minutes
- 18McGrandlesBooked at 90mins
- 11ScullySubstituted forRogersat 70'minutes
- 20JohnsonSubstituted forAndersonat 89'minutes
- Sam Purkiss
- Shots on Target
Second Half ends, Portsmouth 0, Lincoln City 1.
Corner, Portsmouth. Conceded by Adam Jackson.
Attempt blocked. Michael Jacobs (Portsmouth) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.
Conor McGrandles (Lincoln City) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.
Foul by Conor McGrandles (Lincoln City).
Ellis Harrison (Portsmouth) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
Substitution, Lincoln City. Harry Anderson replaces Brennan Johnson.
Foul by Morgan Rogers (Lincoln City).
Rasmus Nicolaisen (Portsmouth) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
Adam Jackson (Lincoln City) is shown the yellow card.
Foul by Timothy Eyoma (Lincoln City).
Ronan Curtis (Portsmouth) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
Max Melbourne (Lincoln City) wins a free kick on the left wing.
Foul by Michael Jacobs (Portsmouth).
Substitution, Lincoln City. Max Melbourne replaces Tayo Edun.
Attempt missed. Ronan Curtis (Portsmouth) right footed shot from outside the box is just a bit too high from a direct free kick.
Foul by Adam Jackson (Lincoln City).
Michael Jacobs (Portsmouth) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
Attempt blocked. Ronan Curtis (Portsmouth) header from the centre of the box is blocked. Assisted by Charlie Daniels with a cross.
- Mark Wright's Last Chance: He's made his debut, now can he keep a spot in the team?
- Secrets of Cinema: How British comedy kept us all laughing