Match ends, Eastleigh 1, Boreham Wood 0.
An injury-time penalty earned Eastleigh a 1-0 victory over Boreham Wood in a major boost to their National League play-off hopes.
The Spitfires threw everything at their opponents in the final stages and were rewarded when the referee pointed to the spot, with Joe Tomlinson converting two minutes into added time.
Boreham Wood hit the bar in the first half through Gus Mafuta, while Eastleigh had an 88th-minute effort ruled out for offside.
Eastleigh are among five teams within two points of each other in the race for sixth and seventh places, and crucially they have a game in hand on all their rivals.
The Hampshire side, who are ninth, travel to Altrincham on Tuesday knowing that victory will lift them up to sixth place in the table.
Match report supplied by PA Media.
- 3GreenBooked at 90mins
- 19HollandsSubstituted forSmartat 66'minutes
- 10BarnettSubstituted forMarriottat 76'minutes
- 18HouseSubstituted forSmithat 90'minutes
- 1AshmoreBooked at 90mins
- 6StephensBooked at 60mins
- 8MafutaBooked at 66mins
- 4RickettsBooked at 90mins
- 11WhitelyBooked at 80mins
- 19SmithSubstituted forWoodardsat 23'minutes
- Aaron Jackson
Second Half ends, Eastleigh 1, Boreham Wood 0.
Mark Ricketts (Boreham Wood) is shown the yellow card.
Goal! Eastleigh 1, Boreham Wood 0. Joseph Tomlinson (Eastleigh) converts the penalty with a.
Substitution, Eastleigh. Dan Smith replaces Ben House.
Nathan Ashmore (Boreham Wood) is shown the yellow card.
Michael Green (Eastleigh) is shown the yellow card.
Corey Whitely (Boreham Wood) is shown the yellow card.
Substitution, Eastleigh. Adam Marriott replaces Tyrone Barnett.
Substitution, Eastleigh. Sam Smart replaces Danny Hollands.
Gus Mafuta (Boreham Wood) is shown the yellow card.
David Stephens (Boreham Wood) is shown the yellow card.
Second Half begins Eastleigh 0, Boreham Wood 0.
First Half ends, Eastleigh 0, Boreham Wood 0.
Substitution, Boreham Wood. Dan Woodards replaces Kane Smith.
First Half begins.
Lineups are announced and players are warming up.
- Why do we love wrestling?: Mark Andrews talks to some of the biggest names in the sport about what it means to them
- Five healthy habits to start today: Dr Alex's top tips to making long-term meaningful change