Formula 1 gossip and rumours from international media
WEDNESDAY 19 DECEMBER
Gary Hartstein has admitted his fury at the FIA after the governing body's decision not to renew his contract as F1's chief doctor beyond 2012.
Mercedes have conceded they are under even more pressure to produce a winning car for Lewis Hamilton than they were during Michael Schumacher's three-year stint with the team.
Outgoing Mercedes motorsport boss Norbert Haug has admitted he is stepping down due to the team's lack of success in F1 since 2010.
The proposed F1 night race in Bangkok looks set to make its first appearance on the calendar a year later than originally proposed,
Force India will launch their 2013 challenger at Silverstone on 1 February next year.
WEDNESDAY 12 DECEMBER
F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has played down the chances of Austria returning to the F1 calendar as 2013's 20th race, adding that he was "right now thinking about returning to Turkey". Asked about what would happen if that race did not come off, he said: "I think next year we will go with 19 grands prix."
A gang of robbers who targeted Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone and others were convicted today of a series of terrifying raids. The gang are believed to have raked in £2million from stalking some of London's wealthiest businessmen, bankers and celebrities.
The European Commission should examine terms Formula 1 has promised top-ranked teams Ferrari and Red Bull to see if the payments are anti-competitive, the former Williams team chairman Adam Parr said.
Sauber say their 2013 car has passed all its mandatory FIA safety tests and is ready for the start of pre-season testing on 5 February.
Former world champion Alan Jones believes Kamui Kobayashi, who is currently without a seat for next year, is the best Japanese driver to have ever competed in grand prix racing.
Texas State Comtroller Susan Combs has approved a payment of $29.3m (£18.2m) from the state Major Events Trust Fund to organisers of November's F1 race, slightly less than what a group affiliated with Circuit of the Americas had requested in July.
Nico Hulkenberg says he feels ready to lead Sauber when he joins the Swiss team next season. The German adds that he hopes Santa Claus delivers him a competitive car for 2013.
Former F1 driver Rubens Barrichello is set to continue his motor racing career on home soil in 2013 in the Brazilian Stock Car Championship. He could not raise the funds needed to extend his stay in IndyCar beyond a debut season.
Renault have appointed Arnaud Boulanger as their new director of motorsport, taking over from Jean-Pascal Dauce.
Fernando Alonso tweeted a picture of all the goodies lined up for the Ferrari event he's at today.
TUESDAY 11 DECEMBER
Formula 1 teams now have enough tyre expertise to avoid a repeat of 2012's early 'random' results next season, reckons Mercedes boss Ross Brawn.
Paul di Resta has admitted that driving for a front-running team is firmly on his mind ahead of 2013, with the Scot eager to fight for podiums and victories. Although yet to be officially confirmed at Force India, the 26-year-old is almost certain to stay on.
McLaren is aiming to achieve two-second pitstop as 'standard' in the 2013 Formula 1 season.
New Sauber driver Nico Hulkenberg has revealed his excitement at being the team's senior star in 2013.
"Home and feeling great. Last bit of metal out of my lower leg. Feeling lighter already." Mark Webber shows off the metalwork removed from is leg that had been in place since his 2008 bike accident.
MONDAY 10 DECEMBER
Lewis Hamilton has said leaving McLaren was the toughest decision he has ever made but he needed to move elsewhere to "grow up".
Hamilton was given a three-foot model of his title-winning MP4-23 on the day he said his goodbyes to his McLaren team.
Hamilton has said he feels it will be at least six months before he can have an impact on Mercedes' development in the 2013 F1 season.
Red Bull design chief Adrian Newey has admitted that it is becoming more challenging to find performance gains with the 2013 Red Bull.
Sauber's new C32 chassis is on schedule both in terms of performance and production ahead of the 2013 campaign, with the new design set to be ready for the opening pre-season test at Jerez.
Former F1 driver Michael Schumacher was on two wheels last week when he hit he track alongside biking legends John McGuiness and Randy Mamola.
Marussia driver Timo Glock believes a bigger budget is key for Marussia if the team is to make a significant step forward in the Formula 1 field.
Adrian Sutil could be set for a return to F1 after being linked with Force India for the 2013 season.
McLaren's Jenson Button completed his first marathon with a sub-three hour time. He clocked two hours 58 minutes.
SATURDAY 8 DECEMBER
Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel and his boss Christian Horner picked up their World Championship trophies at the FIA prize giving gala in Istanbul, Turkey on Friday evening.
Former Williams chairman Adam Parr says he left the team as he believed Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone wanted him out.
Toro Rosso owner Dietrich Mateschitz has called on his junior team to raise its game after a disappointing 2012 season.
Former F1 driver Giancarlo Fisichella drove a 2009 Ferrari along the streets of Bologna as part of the annual motor show.
Former F1 commentator Murray Walker believes Sebastian Vettel will go on to surpass Michael Schumacher's record of seven World Championships.
Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen made a comedy video message for his team to play at their Christmas party as he was unable to attend because it clashed the FIA prize giving gala.
Red Bull driver Mark Webber says his planned surgery, following a bike crash in 2008 when he broke his leg, went well and he's now on the mend.
While the top three drivers headed to the prize-giving ceremony, Bruno Senna, who is still searching for a drive next season, headed to Sao Paulo to watch tennis stars Maria Sharapova and Caroline Wozniacki play an exhibition match.